Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jenny's Jelly Roll Bargello...has anyone made one?

Wow that was fast ! I love it! I couldn't find any mistake. Did you think it was hard?

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anitamae56 View Post
    Wow that was fast ! I love it! I couldn't find any mistake. Did you think it was hard?
    Actually, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Organization was the key for me...keeping everything in nice neat stacks and not rushing.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice! I love the color choice. Mistakes? Not to my eye. Have a look at Angela Walters "Three things a machine quilter should stop doing." It's on You Tube.
    Tip for the day: Don't use basting spray on your Thanksgiving turkey.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd brave Jenny's bargello tutorial then I came across Jordan Fabrics baby bargello tutorial. It's basically the same. I may just do both. Being organized is the key, and selecting the right colors for a bargello.
    Linda

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

It looks good!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Update: I finished sewing my bargello together and I'm incredibly disappointed. I checked every block when I finished a row. There might have been a couple blocks that didn't line up exactly but I thought it looked pretty dang good. Now that's it done and I look at the entire project as a whole, it does not look good. I think I might be able to hide the mistakes when I quilt it. I think it has a lot to do with the solid fabric. I don't think it would look as bad with a busy fabric.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still glad I made it and like I said I think I can hide mistakes in the quilting. But we'll see. I haven't taken a picture yet, I'll do that tonight and post it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Peggy Anne did an amazing Bargello quilt. I've watched Jenny's tutorial, Cozy Quilts Tutorial, and Jordan Fabrics tutorial... So far... Not one has tempted me to jump off and make one. LOL. Just not on my list of things to do.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Well I didn't do Jenny's but I did my own version of one by Ponds and Foster. I sewed the strips together two at a time then sewed those pairs to other pairs until I had them all sewn together. then I sewed this into a tube. Then I cut them into strips of different widths. I numbered the first row with sticky labels. I'd take one of the strips and start at the number 1 and sewed it to the next strip but started at number 2 I'd continue this way for a while then I'd start going backwards with the numbers then forward. One key is to sew the edge of your first strip because it can tend to fray. Here is a link to where I started with my idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ogx-j3UOs
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.