Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is there still hexie-fever, I picked up mine last week

I have a box of hexie flowers that have been sitting around here forever. I have decided to sew the hexies onto blocks and then set the blocks together a little staggered by adding strips to alternating blocks. I think a scalloped border would look nice with it and I will have my own version of a GFG quilt.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! Quilts!!! I was just planning on sewing a couple of flowers on a square of fabric and making a pillow. Not very high ambitions for myself at this time. I took a class about 2 years ago and decided I did not like it --- sewing around the hexie and then having to remove it later. Not for me. Then, about a year ago I found the iron on ones and you do not take them out. Love it now. It is so much easier. But I still only have a box -- not even full yet -- with hexies in it just waiting to be made into something else. Ah, yes, one of these days.

Nancy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could find an hour a night to work on mine.... after 7 years I have 7 flowers... and just can't find the motivation to keep hacking away at it. I do look at it frequently... ;-P

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyJnet View Post
    I don't know if this counts, it is from one of Jenny's tutorials. I loved the colors so much I copied it exactly. I have all of the blocks done, just need to sew it together to make a Queen quilt.

Attachment 153522
    Isn't that lovely. Such happy colors.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to appliqué my flowers to blocks, handcquilt each block separately and then sash them together. I'm thinking quilting as I go will make it easier to complete and continue the handwork of this project. Does anyone know how I can plan for how much background fabric to buy? I think I should make my blocks a little bigger and cut them down after quilting them. My flowers are 9 inches across.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still infected with the hexi bug, I am working on a lucy boston twin quilt. I joined 2 or 3 facebook groups on hexis..love seeing what they all make.