Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a foggy Tuesday

Good morning friends. Yes a foggy morning here today but it will be a beautiful sunny day later. We are headed for a heat wave by the weekend, which is Canada Day. A long weekend ahead.

I had another busy day yesterday. 4 loads of laundry, 2 mine and 2 were Bonnie's. Did a quick in and out at the funeral home. I can't believe people would sit there for 1 1/2 hours waiting for the service, it blows my mind. After that stopped at my sister-in-law's for a coffee and I brought them some strawberries. Did a quick grocery shop for myself and for Bonnie.

I did get into the sewing room and finish all the paper pieced sections. I am so proud of myself. Today I will get the rest organized so that I can finish this one in time for my brother's 60th birthday.

Today I am going berry picking again, for me and for my sister-in-law as well. I have all the fixings to make jam.

Not much else is new. Have a great day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a foggy Tuesday

Good Morning Monique......and everyone too!

Wow, Monique, you sure are one busy gal......the energizer Monique! Be sure to take care of yourself......you're well loved and so needed by many.

Yesterday was a picture perfect day, for the weather......gorgoeus! 75' and sunny, with a breeze......it doesn't get any better. Today is suppose to be about the same, maybe a bit warmer......then.....it hits the fan. The weather guy said this am, build an ark.....or buy a boat.......doesn't sound like fun! So Wednesday is going to be a rough go......or so they say.

So yard work, mainly the lawn is on the schedule for today. It also needs trimming and edging.......sigh..... of going to get much done in the sewing room today. Yesterday I did manage to make 2 half blocks......just too busy!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Hugs.

4. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Wow, Monique, you sure were a busy bee. Monday was a fairly quiet day at work. I was able to get a report completed by noon yesterday that sometimes takes me until Tuesday afternoon. It's wonderful when people get me the info I need. We will see what today brings. DH and I had a nice relaxing evening last night doing some front porch sitting. I brought a bit of handwork outside with me and also my tablet so I could watch the Yankee game and enjoyed watching the sunset and enjoyed seeing the lightning bugs do their thing dancing around the bushes.

Anita, enjoy your nice weather before the rough weather arrives. Here's hoping it isn't as bad as they say it might be. Monique, have fun berry picking. I'm off to get my day moving along. Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I'll never forget in the town where my MIL lives, there are always two visitations before the funeral and then a big meal and more visitation after the funeral. It made for the longest 2 days for my FIL's funeral. Thank goodness my parents went to IN with us, we had three kids (my two and BIL's one) under 4.

I wasn't going back to work in my sewing room but decided to make a sleeve for my laptop and kindle. That's probably all I'll take on the plane with me. I have to get a suitcase today! Either Jim will bring one over or a trip to Walmart is going to happen.

Jim's floors are almost done. I know he'll be glad to have that job done. He was hoping to get to the whole house, but didn't have enough students to do everything. I tried to get him to let me buy the extra materials since he was doing the labor, but the independent cuss wouldn't budge. I think the only thing he'll have left to do is the kids bathroom and laundry room next summer.

Time to get started. I know I would be driving Howard crazy, he'd be packed almost a week in advanced. Mike's packed and ready, me... I have my jeans and an outfit to wear to church out and my ditty bag restocked sans makeup. Wheels up around 1 tomorrow afternoon... I have time to pack. lol (as soon as I get a suitcase).

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength, wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No berries today, got picked over yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Only got a min. This a.m. I'll be making DH's chicken soup. I prepped the vegs. last eve. I cut the celery up by hand, but I do the carrots in the food processor. It's so much faster. While separating the parts to wash the food processor, my middle finger got up against the blade & took a little slice out near the knuckle. It bled quite a bit. I finally got a pressure dressing on it & it finally quit. I had to wear a disp. glove the rest of the eve. to keep it from getting wet. I'll probably have to do the same today. What an inconvenience.

I accomplished more FMQ yest. I have just one corner left to do -- maybe 2 blocks & part of the border. I should be able to finish that in 1 or 2 more sessions.

Our neighbors hired a lawn service to clean up their yard & mow yest. I saw 5 workers over there, picking up the dog toys (they have 4 dogs!), cleaning the debris off their deck (left from the hail storm a few days ago), weed whacker to remove bind weeds that have been around their foundation for years! It looks the best I've ever seen it. I suspect they are getting ready for their annual July 4th bash. That's their big party day of the year. The parents are able bodied folks, & they have 2 teenage sons, but yet their yard always looks a mess.

Katrina ~ Have a great trip & a good time. Well, no more time now.

10. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    No berries today, got picked over yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Wow that was fast. Too bad. Maybe tomorrow, but I think we have rain in the forecast.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,

I posted the baby box sets in an album.

Monique - glad you are back on the forum. Busy, busy. Interesting that you mentioned about funeral visits. My mom made her arrangements with my dad in the 90s. But in recent years, she has changed her mind and wants to be cremated. I drive by the funeral everytime I go to my mom's. Last Friday I stopped in to review and make changes. It was the same guy who signed the original contract. I definitely had him remove the day before for viewing and make it simple in one day. They renovated a few years ago and now the chapel is much bigger and the priest will come there. Also they have a room for meal afterwards, so don't have to find a hall. So one site, one day. The burial would be a different date as she is being buried with my dad about 45 mins away. I do not expect the 300p that came to my dads, as most of these relatives are now gone.

Ginny - countdown is on, and everyone is helping. The stars are lining up. You will enjoy retirement, but be prepared, you will be very busy and wonder how you ever did anything when you worked.

Joy - all I can say is ouch. Hope it heels quickly. It is interesting about neighbours.

Yesterday I had to drive DH in to work for a meeting. His shoulder and arm are painful. I dropped by a quilt store for inner and outer border, some cork fabric and their Row by Row. While I had not planned on picking any up this year, theirs was really different. The Fab Four done in Andy Warhol style. Packaged in a vinyl LP album. Very well thought out. I came home as the fence people were supposed to be here. I called and the installer skipped our house since no one answered. So they came today at 7:30 and already done.

DH is really sore from Sunday's meeting with the runway gravel. It hurts when he coughs or sneezes. They took X-rays at emerg but no ribs were broken. Will have to watch for breathing issues. Lord knows, we do not need health issues at this time. There is too much going on with his dad, and he needs to be travel-able.

I did finish the simple blocks for lap quilt. I bordered a free charm pack with Kona jelly roll. It's on the design wall but I have to move blocks around to get a more balanced dark/light layout.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	153475
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	153476

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, take care of that hand. I did mine 11 years ago making salsa and have a funny brown mark. I took off the flesh from my thumb knuckle down to the palm. glad I had disposable gloves so I could finish the job.
    Katrina, I hope your trip is fabulous. A good getaway will make a fun vacation.
    Yes, retirement is a busy time. Seven months now for me and not one regret. Haven't had a day off from some project or another. I don't know how we kept up with a job...actually I do...we just neglected the property and house and that's why we are so very busy now. I think we are about to catch up on the house but the property is on going. And the rain is making it impossible to get the pool clear. It is clean but green from the acid rain. No amount of chemicals seem to help. Thunder storms all week this week too.
    The Grand children (only 8) will be here on Saturday thru the 4th. We are so looking forward to hiking and swimming and playing. Even grampa seems excited. I'm making grocery lists and hoping I still remember what kids like. lol

16. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    Foggy here, too.
    And I DO have berries to pick. We grow and sell blueberries. It takes us four hours to pick since it's just my Hubby and me. Then we spend hours sorting and packaging them all. Fortunately, my son and his wife are here visiting for the week. I'm so happy!!! They are helping with the blueberries.

I got up extra early this morning (7am) and let the chickens out and even planted 9 tomato plants that were laying around in pots on my patio. A friend of mine had a bunch of volunteer cherry tomato plants coming up and she dug them all up and offered them to anyone who wanted them. I did not need any more tomato plants since I already have about 15 planted already. But I did not have any cherry plants, so I grabbed some. They've been sitting on my patio in pots for a few weeks until this morning when I finally decided to put them in the ground. They're already producing fruit so I could eat while I plant. LOL

We took six ram lambs up to the auction last week. We should be getting a check within the next two days. I'm hoping for a good sale, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

I really feel like sewing today, but there are too many things that need to be done around the farm.

Okay, I said it was foggy here. In the time it took me to type this post, it began to rain. It's pouring now. I need to go up to the big barn to give one of my sheep her antibiotic shot. She stepped on something that wedged between her toes and it got infected. So she's been penned up inside the barn for a couple of days and I had to give her penicillin 3x a day. Today I'm giving her a long-lasting antibiotic and letting her out. She hates being penned up.

Let the day begin!

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

18. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post