Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: daily deal sold out

I don't see this as bait and switch at all. Limited quantities as always and their perogative.

Now, what I am wondering about - how often do they offer a second DD when the first one sells out? Not something they have to do, and I don't remember them doing in the past, but apparently they have done several times recently. (I was actually relieved to know this since I thought one day I was going crazy.)That creates a problem for me! Now I have to check the site twice a day - you know - just in case. Also, if you bought the first DD are you still allowed to get the second one?

When I saw this DD I immediately sought out a coworker who is retiring this week and wants to start quilting. Hope she was able to get in on it before it sold out.
    Donna

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Hummm….loaded up my cart today with the couch to quilt kit...$49 and 10 yds of duck canvas but needed to check on a color...Went to town to get a trundle bed and was going to cover the mattresses and make it into a sitting couch. Was really excited to get the $10 off and wanted the couch to quilt kit for a granddaughter. Came back home and logged in and decided on the grey and lo and behold my couch to quilt kit had gone up to $99. Not sold out...just gone up in price...then I go to the daily deal and they are offering a Christmas fabric. I didn't order today. I am disappointed....I think I can get fabric for the trundle later.
    I bet if you messaged customer service and told them how close you were, they might be able to make it work?

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post

Now, what I am wondering about - how often do they offer a second DD when the first one sells out?
    We've started doing this sometimes when we sell out surprisingly fast. We try to never have to do it because we put so much effort behind the original DD (email that goes out, everyone sees the page first thing) but we know how frustrating it can be to get there and have it be sold out early, so we're trying some stuff

6. Thanks lots2do, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, that is nice of you. However, fair is fair and I do understand. I will watch and maybe this deal will happen again. I was just disappointed. I'm getting old and sometimes I speak before I should. Being retired as many of us are, we are on budgets and sometimes we need to think longer than we should before spending. I , in this instance, wanted the fabric for a bed I had not purchased and went into town to buy the bed so I would have the correct measurements for the fabric I was going to order. So, I was three hours and that's just too long. M* has a lot of followers and it is hard for some of us to wrap our minds around how much business you actually do.
    Thank you for responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    I bet if you messaged customer service and told them how close you were, they might be able to make it work?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

nothing wrong with it. still - sounds very odd to my brain. but then i 'm not in business.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the daily deal a week or so ago, flannel charm pack. It inspired me to buy a panel I had had my eye on for awhile, and I used all my quilter's cash to sweeten the deal. Turns out, after they charged me, the DD sold out. It took awhile to figure out, but it was also GONE FOREVER. Long story short and a few emails later, Customer Service totally made it right, put my Quilter's Cash back in my acct. The point here is, always, ALWAYS give them a chance to make it right. Because I firmly believe that is their goal. It may take a little back and forth in email, because that's just the nature of email. Hard to get across what you want in writing sometimes. But, they do listen. Give them a chance to make it right.
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

As someone else pointed out, one of the weekly specials is already sold out/unavailable, and there is no indication that it's sold out until you click on the specific product page.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...age-patty-cake

It would be nice if there was a 'Sold out' banner on weekly specials/daily specials in that sidebar display when they're no longer available to order.