Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Talking WiP June 22 - 28, 2018

Wow, I remembered to kick off the thread this week!

This weekend I'm going to be doing some FMQ lessons (I hope). There's going to be some machine swapping, feet testing and general 'get it organized' work going on. I have a simple table runner to practice on all cut out.

It will be an adventure; I have never tried anything more complicated than a walking foot!

Wish me luck! Are you trying something new? Trying to get something finished up? Or just plugging along on your current work(s) in progress? Inquiring minds want to know!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP June 22 - 28, 2018

Just plugging along.... orphan blocks getting put together. Finish a baby quilt - needs binding & awaiting an order of fabric.

A good friend dropped off some "orphans" that I need to go thru and get an idea of how to put them together..

And,,,,,, I ordered some more fabric just now. I'm so addicted to fabric these days......

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just plugging along on the hand quilting. I've got 15 out of 49 center blocks sewn on. I'll probably need to echo quilt it some more but they are at least partially done.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been away from sewing, and has had me in a slump for past 10 days. So Wednesday evening, I went down to the sewing room. I fixed a pair of my GS pants he tore on the bike chain and did my ironing. Then I pulled out a charm pack and a Kona jelly roll of fushia/pink colours. I bordered 14 charms with JR as blocks, then next nights a few more. It is almost done. I will need to figure out border once all blocks are done. They are 9", so a 6x7 layout with one or two borders, it will make a nice lap quilt.

I am excited to be getting 2 M* orders, probably on Monday, as it doesnot take long once it clears customs. I have been waiting for one of the fabrics to start a quilt for which I have a layer cake. I don't cut up fabrics until I have all, in case I can get any more. Learned that lesson with my first quilt.

In the meantime, just plugging away at life. Today our kids and 5 GKs are coming over for a BBQ brunch. I hope the rain holds off, or is just a sprinkle.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your FMQ lessons. I was a slow learner, but my friend kept encouraging me not to give up and I eventually got it. It is great to have choices between walking foot quilting and FMQ.

When I logged into my email Craftsy had included the Color Crystals kit as a new free kit choice if you join the unlimited access plan for a year. I couldn't resist and bought in. There have been so many great quilting things on sale this year. Unlimited classes. Free shipping for the whole year. On boy!

I finished the Birthstone Citrine pattern and picked the Sapphire pattern to do next. Unlike Citrine it has lots of match points. I am trying to figure out which direction to press the seams ahead of time as my random take a guess at it as I go method did not work out so good with the Citrine pattern. Its pretty lumpy at some intersections.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Still working away on catching up my 365 Challenge. Also doing some FMQ--got two more rounds and I'll have the quilt done. Been out enjoying the beautiful weather as well. Summer will be over before I know it.
    "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made a couple of small Linus quilts for SCBU on Friday and started finishing a UFO. I'm going to IKEA with DH on Monday for some new storage for my sewing room so I can finally clear the corner which is a no go area!!

On Wednesday my DD has the day off work so we will be sewing, making cushions for her craft area in her spare bedroom. She has already made bunting and stuffed hearts to hang from drawers. It's coming together slowly but surely.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure this FMQ will ever end but I am plugging away at it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0289.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	153392
    It is about 6 feet square and feels like it is growing.

11. Thanks Josephine09, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that is pretty. I love the lavender sashing. One of my favorite colors. I've felt the same way with some quilts, but eventually, it gets done. Keep pluggin' away.

13. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post