Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ironing Board

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ironing Board

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    I think you can do much better than $70. That's a lot for an ironing board. I also bought mine at Walmart. I actually use my homemade board more. It's better for quilting. I think Jenny has an old tutorial on using a board. I love the one I made. It really does the job. I am using a folding table on bed-risers. I cut at one end and iron on the board at the other end. Go to quilting tutorials at the top of this page. Once you get to the tutorials click on all videos. Scroll down to row 9. It's the second tutorials from the left.
    I made this board Jenny's tutorial and love it. I really don't have room to store an ironing board so this works out fine for me. When I'm not using it I just slide it behind my table.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I made an ironing board cover as well. Yesterday I just went and got a vintage ironing board and layered my 24x60 board over the top. My old stand was weak and wobbly, the old ones are the best~they don't make them like that anymore.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made mine....cost me about $12 for the board at Home Depot; wrapped batting (Warm and Natural) around it going in both directions and then wrapped fabric around that ....mine fits a portable picnic type table....don't know the exact dimensions and didn't try to fit table..just worked out that way....

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I followed Sharon Schamber's method and made a wide board top for my ironing board. It cost about $15 in materials and I have extra board leftover in case I ever need to make another one.

http://katiesquiltingcorner.com/2011...-and-bowl.html

Super easy and much cheaper than buying a new board. I can iron an entire width of fabric on the surface now. Binding is pressed quickly. The fabric grips without stretching. I love it.

Katie's Quilting Corner
    Tutorials, projects, podcast and don't miss Free Pattern Friday!
    Follow me on: Facebook - Pinterest - Twitter - Flickr

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all of the information. I love the idea of the big board. Thanks again. Jo

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my thoughts. Go to JoAnn's with one of those printable 40% coupon that they always have on thier site. Normally they cost around 70 I do believe but with a coupon you can get it cheaper. Also the board I seen has a place built in the board to rest your iron and a shelf underneath to put items. It looks pretty decent I think.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen them at Walmart for $45.00 and at Costco for $50.00 and at the Quilt Store where I frequent they have them for $90.00. I like the idea of making one but I would get one faster by going out and buying it. The one at Walmart and the quilt store have a wire rack underneath the board part to put your fabric on and a place on the side for you iron. The one at My Costco only has the place for the iron on the side. Good luck.