• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP June 15-21, 2018 (late)

Oops, I forgot to do this on Friday. I do apologize.

I had a church retreat this weekend and now I'm behind on everything. Not a good week or weekend for crafting, but it was good for relaxation and renewal.

Hopefully everyone had a great weekend and even though this will be a short "week", please do check in.

Karla
  • LauraP
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Re: WiP June 15-21, 2018 (late)

Obviously, it didn't bother anyone to much or they would have started it, so give yourself a break. Looks like another hot week here in Kansas. Sure do wish my sister and her husband would get back on their feet so we could all go to their place in Montana.
    No sewing till my arm heals a bit more. Still have two more tops to sandwich and quilt before I can start anything new
    Meanwhile the bathroom needs cleaned and the rest of the dusting refuses to do itself so I guess I'd better get busy.
    sigpic

Comment

• pcbatiks
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Hello quilty friends……I need to finish a convergence quilt (table topper). Keep getting distracted but I think it will turn out nice.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

My November Birthstone Block: Citrine by MJ Kinman arrived and I have started work on it. It did include the full scale freeze paper foundation as well as a full scale paper master. Yeah, nothing to trace. I had a very fortunate week. The day after I ordered the pattern Connecting Threads had a summer sale with 25 different solids for $3 a yard. I ordered a half yard of each, and am hoping when combined with my existing much diminished solids stash I can complete roughly 70% of the Birthstone patterns. I emailed the pattern author with a question on the pattern and she not only kindly replied she thought it was a great question and is sending me the other 11 patterns in the series as thanks.

Talk about a great quilting week.
        Last edited by DeniseSm; June 18, 2018, 01:29 PM.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• MaryUK
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2016

I returned from holiday on Saturday afternoon with piles of washing to do - thankfully all washed and dried, now comes the ironing!!

After my physio appt and supermarket shopping this morning, I absconded to my sewing room. I completed a Linus quilt ready for donation on Thursday. Now to sandwich and quilt a UFO from my list, but I have a llooong list of other sewing to do for fundraising so will have a dabble with that as well.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• Josephine09
            Binding Belle
            • Mar 2015

Good afternoon,

Today was meant to be a sewing day, but I ended up with last minute plans to see the family. A good reason to not be sewing! I plan to spend the rest of the evening working on my 365 Challenge--that I started in 2016 LOL. Every year I try to keep up with the daily blocks and usually only make it a week or two before I fall behind. I'm about 13 days out right now.

Have a great day/week all!
            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
              My November Birthstone Block: Citrine by MJ Kinman arrived and I have started work on it. It did include the full scale freeze paper foundation as well as a full scale paper master. Yeah, nothing to trace. I had a very fortunate week. The day after I ordered the pattern Connecting Threads had a summer sale with 25 different solids for $3 a yard. I ordered a half yard of each, and am hoping when combined with my existing much diminished solids stash I can complete roughly 70% of the Birthstone patterns. I emailed the pattern author with a question on the pattern and she not only kindly replied she thought it was a great question and is sending me the other 11 patterns in the series as thanks.

Talk about a great quilting week.
              Wow, that is super generous of the pattern author. I agree, Connecting thread had a great sale on solids and other fabrics. I received my order in about a week. Still waiting for 2 M* orders of May 18 and June 7. I will not order until I receive these, despite the great deals. That would be throwing money away, as I have no hope of receiving these orders.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Not much sewing as life is getting in the way. I did go on a road trip with a girlfriend on Friday and she bought the backing for the large 3 dudes quilt I made for her. So now I just need to find a date to rent the long arm. That's all the sewing related.

I had planned to sew Saturday, but DH surprised me and had signed up for gliding lessons. So we spent the day on the airfield, and he got two lessons. He is hooked. Sunday, I was asked to make curtains for new grandchild expected in August. The DIL bought, yes you are reading correctly, she bought a store bought wuilt and wants me to try and make matching floor length curtains. She really should have bought them, as it will take at least 7 yds of front and lining. Going to cost as much as a quilt.

I am hoping to tackle the quilting for one, maybe two of the Victoria quilts. Also hoping next week is quieter and I can get to sewing room.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

I have gotten a few things further along. One quilt is done except for sewing the binding down on the back. I have been experimenting on adjusting the binding seam width so I can sew the other side down with the machine and both front and back are even. I made this one a bit too wide so it will require hand sewing.
                  I have finally gotten my DGD quilt top changed from 2 curtain [pieced] panels into one big quilt and it is sandwiched. I have also sandwiched that really cute sewing machine panel that was a daily deal a while back. I also have some banded periwinkle blocks ready to make the final seam.
                  Progress will be slow, I broke or dislocated my little toe on Saturday so I am trying to keep it bound and elevated. Luckily it is not too bad sore.
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• kimsophia
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2014

I've been hand quilting the Village quilt blocks using a leather thimble and a trick from embroiderer Mary Corbet--using a hot glue gun finger protector with a hole cut out over the fingernail for ventilation as a needle grabber. These finger guards are sold on Amazon to keep from burning yourself but they also make a nice finger cot.
                    P1030266.JPG

Comment

• Dublin11
                      Prairie Pointer
                      • Jul 2015

i just finished a babygirl flannel crib quilt with bunny rabbits. As I am in the Republic of Ireland i am wondering whether i am the only one in Ireland quilting and online. I get all my quilting material in the US as it is much cheaper even with the import duty added to it and the choice is much bigger. Although its hot here I am already starting to think about my Christmas projects. As I am still working 4 days a week there is not too much room so have to plan ahead quite in advance. Anyone here ever been to Ireland?

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dublin11 View Post
                        i just finished a babygirl flannel crib quilt with bunny rabbits. As I am in the Republic of Ireland i am wondering whether i am the only one in Ireland quilting and online. I get all my quilting material in the US as it is much cheaper even with the import duty added to it and the choice is much bigger. Although its hot here I am already starting to think about my Christmas projects. As I am still working 4 days a week there is not too much room so have to plan ahead quite in advance. Anyone here ever been to Ireland?
                        It is the most beautiful place. My DH and I traveled there several years ago, flew into Shannon and toured the south west quarter from Mohr to Waterford along the coast then back at an angle from Waterford to Shannon. My grandmother was born in Castle Island. It was an amazing week's visit to your beautiful country. We also spent a day in Dublin a few years ago on a cruise excursion.
                        Here is what I have been working on.IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0291.JPG. I was trying to decide whether to sash the blocks but have decided not.
                        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• LauraP
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2015

Surely you can't be the only quilter because I have seen tours of Ireland specifically for quilters. Maybe google it and see what areas and shops they stop at. My sister is trying to talk her husband into wintering in Ireland again. They have done it once and she loved it. Maybe I will squeeze into her suitcase and come see y'all.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Dublin11
                            Prairie Pointer
                            • Jul 2015

Ireland is beautiful and we get many tourists now to see the sights were Game of Thrones is filmed and Star Wars. maybe i should broaden the quilt mind and look for contacts here but so far i only seem to bump into people that cant even sew on a button
                            But i find quilt solace here

Comment

Working...
                            X