Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP June 15-21, 2018 (late)

i just finished a babygirl flannel crib quilt with bunny rabbits. As I am in the Republic of Ireland i am wondering whether i am the only one in Ireland quilting and online. I get all my quilting material in the US as it is much cheaper even with the import duty added to it and the choice is much bigger. Although its hot here I am already starting to think about my Christmas projects. As I am still working 4 days a week there is not too much room so have to plan ahead quite in advance. Anyone here ever been to Ireland?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin11 View Post
    i just finished a babygirl flannel crib quilt with bunny rabbits. As I am in the Republic of Ireland i am wondering whether i am the only one in Ireland quilting and online. I get all my quilting material in the US as it is much cheaper even with the import duty added to it and the choice is much bigger. Although its hot here I am already starting to think about my Christmas projects. As I am still working 4 days a week there is not too much room so have to plan ahead quite in advance. Anyone here ever been to Ireland?
    It is the most beautiful place. My DH and I traveled there several years ago, flew into Shannon and toured the south west quarter from Mohr to Waterford along the coast then back at an angle from Waterford to Shannon. My grandmother was born in Castle Island. It was an amazing week's visit to your beautiful country. We also spent a day in Dublin a few years ago on a cruise excursion.
    Here is what I have been working on.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0289.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	153343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	153344. I was trying to decide whether to sash the blocks but have decided not.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Surely you can't be the only quilter because I have seen tours of Ireland specifically for quilters. Maybe google it and see what areas and shops they stop at. My sister is trying to talk her husband into wintering in Ireland again. They have done it once and she loved it. Maybe I will squeeze into her suitcase and come see y'all.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Ireland is beautiful and we get many tourists now to see the sights were Game of Thrones is filmed and Star Wars. maybe i should broaden the quilt mind and look for contacts here but so far i only seem to bump into people that cant even sew on a button
    But i find quilt solace here

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post