Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    Good morning everyone. Terry and Carol, I hope you enjoy your visits into town and with friends. That's probably the thing I miss most about being retired is connections with others. It took me a good 7 months to settle in. Still considering going to work part time, but every time I get close to applying something comes up where someone needs my help.

Since my friend that I'm helping now is still in hospital and doesn't need me, I will take a break and go to a movie in a few minutes. Heard that "The Good Book" is a good chick flick, so I'll be off to the early show and matinee prices. The landscaper came out early this morning to replant my crepe myrtle tree again. We'll see if it holds up this time. (This is the 4th time they have had to come out.)
    It won't help you with today, but check with the AMC theaters- they have a $5 Tuesday all day here. That's even better than matinee pricing. (but they'll still get you on concessions. Our theater that's close has hot caramel corn... that's where I shell out the mula and have a small cup.)
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

hello everyone
    yesterday got busy switching the living room around, been suffering with tv picture and speakers twitching from fall out of signal, every time traffic past .The sound carries out of the room,
    its good to move stuff and declutter, although its funny to be sitting in different places. am supposed to be moving a corner area around decluttering in kitchen today but feel less then energetic,. hence been watching Jenny and Rob. just discovered how handy it is to plug computer through a hdmi cable to telly to watch the quilts and technique are much better to see than in a 3 inch square hehehe.
    Also saw the Good Book ad trailer, it looks very funny,
    enjoy today everyone

edit
    forgot to say, made a fmq pillow case cover, added the pillow in for family member for Christmas, am not sure why I made it, (twas was a stab in the dark kind of pressie) but found out today it was exactly what they needed to stop them having migraines, this news has made my day
    Last edited by 201 Treadler; June 13th, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

4. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    It won't help you with today, but check with the AMC theaters- they have a $5 Tuesday all day here. That's even better than matinee pricing. (but they'll still get you on concessions. Our theater that's close has hot caramel corn... that's where I shell out the mula and have a small cup.)
    Thanks Katrina, I saw that this morning when looking online. Matinee price here was the same $5, so all was good. Movie was okk, but not great. But it was good to get out of the house.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

YOu all are so good to make good wishes for me. I do feel better after seeing some people. I placed 25 quilts in 5 different shops and that was uplifting too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, I know getting out can be the best therapy in the world! Glad you're feeling better about things.

We had summer... I guess you'd call it a biography session tonight at church. The pastor gave us a short biography of John Newton (think Amazing Grace). He was going through his life and challenges, and his first church was in Olney, England. I kept thinking, I know that name. Then it hit me, my grandmother McKinley was baptized at Onley Presbyterian Church in Gastonia, NC. Now I'm going to do some digging, because I always thought it was an odd name for a church and it's been around since the early 1700s. Maybe there's a connection.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    No, but I think I know your BROTHER.
    Thanks for the belly laugh.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!