Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My family is so cruel

I'm thinking about you this morning and wanted to give you a hug....this is as close as I can come...Name:  tenor[1].gif
Views: 237
Size:  5.8 KB

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie so sorry your family is acting like this. It is beyond belief. But I have seen it before when my mother in law passed how the family treated us. Its unfair. Don't let it get to you and don't let them know how hurt it made you. Move on and know you are the better person. Hugs from someone who knows.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry at how cruel and mean Robert's family have been. I know it is difficult, but try to forgive their cruelness and their stupidness. Most of all, move on. It will hurt a lot now, but if you forgive in your heart, YOu will be better for it.

My ex forbade my kids and everyone from telling me when his sister was dying with pancreatic cancer. she lived out of town. I was always in touch with her, up to her diagnosis. It was quick - 10 weeks. I finally found out when a girlfriend from out of town called to ask if I had visited Carol in hospital. It seemed everyone knew and did not tell me. She died quickly. I went to the funeral, as her DH called me and knew that my ex was controlling visits. I was told not to sit at the front with family. What upset me more was that my kids said nothing. I never raised it with them, but expressed my sympathies to Carol's children. My in-laws did not even want to extend their hand to accept sympathies, so I just hugged them, which probably got their goat. I am still close to her kids, and they realized my ex's control over THE family. He did the same thing when my FIL and MIL passed away. For heavens sake, I knew them for over 35 years. At this point, it didn't matter, and I really try to ignore this. I feel a lot of my ex health issues come from holding grudges against people he feels have wronged him. If he learned to forgive, he would be happier.

Reshape your life to include those you love and those that love you.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks pcbatiks, MSN thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Does this whole situation boil down to Money? That brings out the meanness and greed in lots of people. If it turns out that you are in control of the estate as you should be, I would suggest that you give them only what YOU think is fair, not what they tell you they should have. Then cut all ties, no phone calls, visits, mail, nothing. All it will be is hate and nastiness toward you.

8. Thanks auntstuff, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that you've been treated so poorly by family. It's hard to understand how people can be so mean. Sending you a big hug and thoughts of healing and peace.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes things happen for a reason,
    while your suffering a huge level of hurt right now, do agree you should of been told of the particulars.
    do wonder if there was an negative to the proceedings that you were better not seeing or taking part in, which may of increased your level of hurt more.
    Hugs through this difficult time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so touched by all your loving comments and words of support. I wouldn't of gotten thru this without you. It's so hard to make friends when your carrying so much wierd baggage.

I was thinking that there was a reason like Treadler said. When I was with my aunt while she was passing I had walked out of the room for a couple of moments. The Hospice nurse said she's gone. At first I felt horrible, but now I'm thinking I would never gotten it out of my mind and would still be crying eight years later.

If I had gone to Roberts service I'm thinking that when my step daughter gets drunk she gets really mean and we would of gotten into a terrible fight in front of a hundred people. So I'm going to let it go. I've already fought for ten years.

Funny that the thing that pissed him off (keeping my aunts house) is keeping me above water right now.

Thanks again

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie, I have no other words to help you with this cruelty. I come from a loving family and I can only imagine how awful this is for you. Please know that your forum friends will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers to help you through this. Hope today is a better day for you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to say about doing something for myself...I was able to get in and take a Hawaiian shirt. I bought all his shirts, but this one I made. It was a beautiful retro 50's fabric. I'm going to make a pillow or frame it. I wish I would of taken a few more, they wouldn't of noticed.

Lorie

14. Thanks Star lover, MSN thanked for this post