Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chocolate covered Cherry Cake

I was baking yesterday and guess what I baked??? Yes I did and it WAS delicious. I froze some for the rest of the month. And I just love them.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Ingredients
    Cake:
    Vegetable oil apply for misting
    1 program (18.25 ounces) simply devil's meals dessert mix or devil's meals mix with pudding
    1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
    2 huge eggs
    1 tsp. genuine almond extract
    Chocolate Glaze:
    1 cup sugar
    1/3 cup butter
    1/3 cup whole milk
    1 program (6 ounces; 1 cup) semisweet candy chips

Directions
    Place a holder in the center of the stove and pre-heat the stove to 350 levels F. Gently spray a 13- by 9-inch cooking pan with veggie oil apply. Set the pan aside.

Place the dessert mix, cherry pie stuffing, egg, and almond draw out in a huge combining dish. Combination with an electric blender on low rate for 1 moment. Stop the machine and clean down the edges of the dish with a rubberized spatula. Increase the blender rate to method and defeat 2 moments more, cotton wool swab the edges down again if needed. The combination should look dense and well combined. Add the combination into the prepared pan, removing the top with the rubberized spatula. Put the pan in the stove.

Bake the dessert until it rises back when lightly pushed with your hand and just begins to get away from the edges of the pan, 30 to 35 moments. Eliminate the pan from the stove make it on a cable holder while you get ready the glaze.

For the glaze, position the glucose, butter, and dairy in a small pot over medium-low warm and get ready, combining regularly, until the combination comes to a steam. Boil, combining regularly, for 1 moment. Eliminate the pan from warm and mix in the choc snacks. When the snacks have dissolved and the glaze is sleek, pour it over the warm dessert so it includes the entire area. The glaze will be slim but will company up. Awesome the dessert for 20 moments before reducing into pieces and providing.

Store this dessert, protected in metal aluminum foil, at 70 levels for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. Or lock up the dessert, enclosed in metal foil, for up to 6months. Unfreeze the dessert over night on the reverse before providing.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Your sound make my mouth watering and feel hungry.. can you share size of the cake?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

FarmGirl, this sounds so simple and delicious. I'm going to give this a try when I get some pie filling in. Thanks!!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!