• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP - June 1 to June 7, 2018

Wow, June already! How did that happen? Spring basically came and went in about three weeks around here. Mid April snow and by last week, summer 90 F / 32 C temps!!!

I gave in and turned on the air conditioner last weekend. At least I made it to Memorial Day weekend (that's always my goal, though sometimes Kansas weather gets the better of me!)

Lots of family stuff going on this weekend, but I'm hoping to get back to "It was the 80s". I've not made much progress at all on it the last several weeks. How is the start of summer treating everyone (or fall for those of us on the southern side of the equator)?
  • pcbatiks
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

Re: WiP - June 1 to June 7, 2018

I’m happy.....I hustled finished the color wash quilt this afternoon! Posting pictures soon.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

I know what you mean. Winter dragged on with hard freezes after the hummingbirds had already migrated up from the south. Spring last a few brief weeks and we went straight into summer. It is supposed to be 99 tomorrow. Too hot, to soon.

I got to play with my Double Wide Dresden ruler today for the first time. I used my 2.5" scraps to make a Dresden plate and zig zag sewed it to a t shirt. This is going to make a fun quilt.

100_4253.JPG

I was so pleased with the Wolf Abstractions pattern by Violet Craft I am going to make it again. This time I am going to do a night time version. The background will be the electric purple in the center and the eyes will be a haunting ice blue. The four lightest of the fabrics have silver highlights to give a shimmery glow like moonlight.
      100_4258.JPG
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• MSN
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2017

Wow, Denise, can't wait to see your night time wolf. I absolutely love the fabrics you selected. As fast as you work, you'll probably be posting a picture by next week.

Comment

• RockinLou
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2014

Hello!! Thanks for getting us started- I snuck away and went out of town! We went to see Astana, the capital city of Kazakhstan and it was certainly a unique place, the architecture is so modern there, it's almost surreal. I wonder what the world will think of it in a hundred years....

23 days left in Kazakhstan, the sewing will be shut down and the packing will begin. Sooner than I'd like to admit. :-(

I'm not ready to give up my sewing space, but I am looking forward to being back in Atlanta, a world that I can generally navigate on my own and have my own level of independence.

The hardest part of being away this weekend was not sewing... im not sure I can make it through the next month!

I'll have to live vicariously here on the forum!

Comment

• Josephine09
            Binding Belle
            • Mar 2015

Good evening! It's been a long time since I've been a part of this group, but since I'm focusing on finishing projects this summer, I thought I'd join back in. We didn't get much of a spring here either--though snow in April or May is not out of the ordinary! Does your school year end in 23 days then, RockinLou? I think I remember you are a teacher too.
            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

• Granny Judy
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2011

Glad to see you here, Josephine09. I drift in and out myself. It's always refreshing to get back here and see what everyone is doing. Esp, when I need inspiration or a kick in the pants.

G/son had a little boy on 22nd of may, so finished up the baby quilt and got it mailed... rushed to get the binding done. so No new photo of the quilt.
              baby 2 small.jpg
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Very cute, love the elephant. Congratulations on the new little boy.
                I am trying to get some things cleaned up and cleared out but new stuff just calls to me.
                I got some free fat quarters last week and they did coordinate nicely. One had little fairies on it so I fussy cut them yesterday into small squares that will be sashed several times with some coordinates and go to Project Linus eventually.
                I am still FMQ on this quilt an hour or so at a time.IMG_0277.JPG
                Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• 14margarette
                  Banned
                  4 Patch Pro
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                  I know what you mean. Winter dragged on with hard freezes after the hummingbirds had already migrated up from the south. Spring last a few brief weeks and we went straight into summer. It is supposed to be 99 tomorrow. Too hot, to soon.

I got to play with my Double Wide Dresden ruler today for the first time. I used my 2.5" scraps to make a Dresden plate and zig zag sewed it to a t shirt. This is going to make a fun quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]152858[/ATTACH]

I was so pleased with the Wolf Abstractions pattern by Violet Craft I am going to make it again. This time I am going to do a night time version. The background will be the electric purple in the center and the eyes will be a haunting ice blue. The four lightest of the fabrics have silver highlights to give a shimmery glow like moonlight.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]152859[/ATTACH]
                  That shirt is so lovely, I will try to do it on my end. I hope that it will be as nice as your design.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

I finished the Quatrefoil xmas quilt and have been to a few quilt store to find the final border. I want black with sparse gold metallic stars or scrolls. The search continues. I think I have enough fabric for backing. I bought a bolt of xmas fabric on sale last year.

image.jpg image.jpg

I cleaned up the sewing rooms, ready to tackle the next project.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• RockinLou
                      Missouri Star
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Josephine09 View Post
                      Good evening! It's been a long time since I've been a part of this group, but since I'm focusing on finishing projects this summer, I thought I'd join back in. We didn't get much of a spring here either--though snow in April or May is not out of the ordinary! Does your school year end in 23 days then, RockinLou? I think I remember you are a teacher too.
                      Yes! I'm in my final year teaching here in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and we end on June 21 this year - we will have a crazy short summer :-( but I'm definitely ready to move on from being here.

Comment

Working...
                      X