Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: weekly special sold out by Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by PugetBound View Post
    Hey everyone,

Sorry I'm late to the party. Can you tell me where you saw the weekly special? I'd like to let our marketing and merchandising teams know when there are products being shown that are already sold out, both because it's misleading and a waste of time for you and because it's a waste of screen space for us.

Thanks,
    Sam

As some helpful person already replied, it was the Bubble yardage. So - the weekly special that was in effect on the day I started this thread. You had to click on it and come to the order page and then you got told 'unavailable'. It wasn't worth it for me to just order the yardage and have to pay shipping. It wasn't worth it for me to just order the rotary cutter that was the daily special that day and pay shipping. It was worth it for me to order both at the same time and pay 1 shipping. Needless to say, when the yardage was out of stock, you missed out on me ordering the rotary cutter that day too.

Please don't offer a weekly special on something that you should (after 10 years in business) be aware will be gone by a day or two.
    That's just annoying to us.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mythoughtis View Post
    Please don't offer a weekly special on something that you should (after 10 years in business) be aware will be gone by a day or two.
    That's just annoying to us.
    Weekly specials start on Sunday. So by Thursday, there have already been four shopping days. And during those four days, we as customers have no idea how many of a particular special has been sold. It is not like they only stock 5 of a special and call that good. I know that they work hard to have available a nice amount of product for the specials whether it be the daily deal, the daily specials or the weekly specials. A quick little story on how MSQC tries to have plenty of product. Several years ago at the birthday bash the special was 2 rotary cutter replacement blades by a name brand company for a very low price. MSQC had bought ever one that they could possibly buy for the special. I remember being in the store and seeing the shipping boxes coming in for the people who were buying in the store plus there were many boxes in the warehouse for the on-line customers. And even with the large amount that they had of the special, they still sold out. MSQC works very hard to have plenty of product but like any other business, products do sell out.

3. Thanks Astatoo, sherriequilts thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Today's rant:

I saw my daily deal email today about the ivory fabric special. yay!
    Well, there's a problem. I sleep between the hours of midnight and 6, get ready for work and commute to work between the hours of 6-8. My break comes at 10. So I jump at the chance to now order the daily special at five minutes after 10.

which is sold out. Now, the daily deal always says 'limited quantities', so I understand that it is sold out. It's a shame that my job which will pay for my quilt addition has now prevented me from getting my quilt addition fix. Such is life, as they say.
    However, couldn't you have picked a similar fabric color either from that same manufacturer or another rather than change the daily special to the BLOCK magazine. Something that is 1. extremely dissimilar to the sold out special, which therefore may not appeal to people who came in specifically to order said special and 2. not very useful for those of us that already subscribe to the BLOCK magazine?

Here's the real deal: I have gift certificate money burning a hole in my pocked. I have an existing fabric stash that combined with that job taking up my free time and other life expenses, means I need to be choosy about what I order. I'm bummed because I found something I could justify ordering twice in the last couple weeks and Then I couldn't order it.

rant over. those of you not similarly annoyed can ignore this reply.
    Last edited by mythoughtis; June 8th, 2018 at 12:20 PM.

5. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post