Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Howdy from Amarillo, Texas

My name is Donalee! Amarillo, Texas has been my home these last 13 years! Prior to moving here, I lived around Denton, Texas. My husband and I have 5 children and 2 grandchildren! I made my first quilt in the Spring of 2012, while taking a quilting class at Sister's Scraps! I have loved sewing since my grandmother taught me how to sew on her treadle sewing machine when I was a child. But quilting peaked my interest in 1993, when a church I joined offered a quilting group! I knew I was at home then! Quilting seems to make me feel like I am at home with my grandmother! Memories make me smile! One day, I decided I wanted to make a Christmas quilt with a layer cake I had purchased, and ran across Jenny's Youtube channel! The quilt flew together lickety split! Thank you Missouri Star Quilt Company! Someday, I'll make it to Missouri to shop in your stores and meet ya'll!

I have a question! After my mother's passing in February I was gifted a wedding ring quilt my great grandmother made for her daughter. I'd like to have it looked at and determine it's age. The fabrics look like 30s to me, but I am not an expert. My grandmother was married in the 20s. Any thoughts apprecated!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Howdy from Amarillo, Texas

Hi there. you could take your lovely quilt to a Shop and they might know more or know someone who does quilt evaluations. Good luck. I"m sure it is a treasure.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Sunny Florida!

I have a quilt my great grandmother made. I remember it being our picnic blanket as I was growing up and I love it dearly.

Those family treasures are worth more to us than the monetary value. Your local shoppe or a local quilt guild may be able to steer you to someone that can evaluate your treasure.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Missouri.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

contact your local museum and see who they use. Hi from KS
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE