Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let the weekend begjn!

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Had to move our holiday cookout to tonight bc the neighbors are gone. Please I hope they don't suddenly return at 5 pm. Huh you say, don't like the neighbor? Well he is a big, loud obnoxious jerk (long story I won't get into it). But he has an inground pool, up until last year the parties were tolerable.but last year he added a large outdoor kitchen, fire pit, fireplace and hot tub for 12. About three weeks ago he had a home entertainment store over there all day.. They installed a big screen TV mounted on the patio, about 80" for crying out loud, and to top it off had a complete surround system installed in the back yard with about 20 speakers. When they crank up the music you can't even hear yourself think. We have lived here for 8 years, finally have our back yard just how we want it, surrounded by lovely flower beds, so peaceful to sit outside on a summer night. I refuse to consider moving because of the neighbor but I have a feeling we will be spending most of our nights indoors. Sigh. Ok thanks for letting me vent a little! Hope everyone has a nice quiet weekend!! Off to make tuna salad and prep my chicken.
    Good neighbors are so important! You've helped me count my blessings today. We live on a corner lot, so have lots of "next door" and "across the street" neighbors, and all are wonderful.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my...80 inch outdoor tv and surround system....oughta be a … no... no more of them.
    Room is complete. DH and I are just sitting , relaxing and waiting for two of the children and their families to arrive in about an hour. No extra beds in the house. We do have a little cabin by the little lake on our property (probably a pond) and I have two king size beds down there that I moved in the fall. I put some of those plastic mattress protectors on them to keep the mice out and it seems to have worked. I went down yesterday and made up the beds and put a couple of quilts on them and it looks so cute. There is a tin (steel) roof on the cabin so with all this rain it should feel like a real cabin in the woods.
    The work on the house has been hard...harder for DH...but I have all the ceilings painted in the main house only two bedrooms to go and they mostly just need a real hard cleaning. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about this.
    DH got some of the fields mowed yesterday...at least we can walk thru them but...its raining ...and its suppose to rain the rest of today and all day tomorrow and the next day and the rest of next week. SOGGY!! Its been raining so much that there is no where for the water to go.
    Mimi, what is it you are doing? I must have missed it. A big dumpster and tenting the house?
    Have a good weekend. Enjoy your families and pray for those who gave up so much for our wonderful USA.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness! A huge TV w/surround sound & parties. Isn't there a noise ordinance? This is so disrespectful of the neighbors. How can you enjoy your lovely back yard with that?! We have neighbors who built a big deck a couple yrs. ago, made an outdoor kitchen (project never was totally completed), but they cook out a lot. Fortunately, they have big parties only once or twice a year. It gets pretty loud over there after everyone's had a few drinks, & there's lots of smoke (tobacco as well as grilling) that sometimes get sucked into our house if the fans are on. They also have a smoker, which they don't use very often. You might want to consider keeping a diary or log of events over there. If it gets too noisy, call the cops.

4. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Had to move our holiday cookout to tonight bc the neighbors are gone. Please I hope they don't suddenly return at 5 pm. Huh you say, don't like the neighbor? Well he is a big, loud obnoxious jerk (long story I won't get into it). But he has an inground pool, up until last year the parties were tolerable.but last year he added a large outdoor kitchen, fire pit, fireplace and hot tub for 12. About three weeks ago he had a home entertainment store over there all day.. They installed a big screen TV mounted on the patio, about 80" for crying out loud, and to top it off had a complete surround system installed in the back yard with about 20 speakers. When they crank up the music you can't even hear yourself think. We have lived here for 8 years, finally have our back yard just how we want it, surrounded by lovely flower beds, so peaceful to sit outside on a summer night. I refuse to consider moving because of the neighbor but I have a feeling we will be spending most of our nights indoors. Sigh. Ok thanks for letting me vent a little! Hope everyone has a nice quiet weekend!! Off to make tuna salad and prep my chicken.
    Sorry to hear about your jerk of a neighbour. I do hope that your municipality has noise ordinances, which they will enforce.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a nightmare jj. I wouldn't know what to do. Sometimes complaining to police regarding noise just makes matters worse in the long run if the neighbor then gets a real case of the nasties.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Memorial is a very big deal in this town and they were able to arrange a flyover for the parade so I'm looking forward to seeing that. I'm hoping to get a picture because I believe the parade route on the way to the cemetery is pretty open so a picture might be possible. That's at 10AM and then when it's over we always have a huge traffic jam going down our little street. Our street is a little cross way between to well traveled roads. It can be a real riot as long as you're not the one caught in it LOL Even looks like a few scenes from the key stone cops each year. We had a lovely rainbow yesterday morning.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

7. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.

Yesterday was my granddaughters sleep over birthday party. I think the girls had a wonderful time. Kaylee had requested ribs and they were yummy ! They made tie dyed t shirts and slime. Good lord I can not stand that stuff. I have banned it from my house. She can make and play with it at home.

A family friend was there that had a baby a few months ago and I had made her a baby quilt from scraps . Talk about making me feel good, she takes a picture of the baby each month sitting on the quilt to see how she changes. She kept bragging about how much she liked it. I have made quilts before and seen them in the trunk of the car or used as a dog bed. I also gave another baby quilt to my wonderful next door neighbors yesterday and they were so appreciative.They are having a grandbaby very soon. They are such a nice couple and were the first to come over when my dh passed away.

Happy Holiday weekend!
    Teresa

9. Thanks Carolnnc, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you end up calling the officials when party noise gets too loud, be sure and ask them to just listen while you step outside in the back yard, then go back in and say "can you hear me now"?

11. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'd hit the thrift stores & find at least ten of those old, huge stereo speakers and a turntable. I'd also buy several opera, classical & maybe a couple of Irish jig records. After listening to the neighbors loud tv & music I'd set my clock for 5am. Speakers in the yard pointed towards their house & some loud music at 5 am a couple of times might fix your problem.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Polka's and Marching Band music has a sweet ring to it too LOL

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique