Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Question Travel tips for my pilgrimage to Hamilton (MSQC)

I can't believe it....I am taking a trip to Hamilton Missouri ( a driving distance of 2025 km but I'm cheating by flying to Kansas City) . I'm so excited!!!! I will be there June 7 and possibly the 8th. What should I know before I go? I would appreciate any tips you can offer.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Travel tips for my pilgrimage to Hamilton (MSQC)

Wear good walking shoes. Make sure you eat at J's Burger dive and the Blue Sage if you get a chance. Be sure you visit ALL the shops. It will probably be hot and humid so wear light, comfy clothes. Most of all...enjoy it....It is my favorite place to be, besides home.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

3. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yay! For you You will have SEW much fun. Auntie had great advice .. fashion stops at the knees .. wear comfortable supportive shoes. Start at the “main” shop ... there you’ll find the daily deal and maps ... make sure you let them know you’re from Canada so they can help you find all the shops and great places to eat. I’m excited for you!
    Life ainít always beautiful
    But itís a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

5. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Those are also the dates for the Missouri Star Academy. Although it is sold out, there will still be plenty of activities that you can do. There are free workshops all day starting at 9AM until 6PM in the various shops and the shops are staying open until 7PM those two days. Jenny will be doing a meet and greet on both days at the main shop - times vary. Also there are many people from all areas of the quilting world who will be there as they are teaching classes both at the academy and in-store so you never know who you may run into.

Feel free to take pictures of the quilts and decorations in the store.
    Comfortable shoes are a must.
    From the looks of the weather that we are currently having, it is going to be a hot time (these temperatures are normally what are our July and August weather looks like)

PLEASE USE THE CROSSWALKS.
    The stores are on both sides of a main highway that goes through town and with there being even more people than normal in town, it is a very busy street.

Be sure to stop at the Hamilton Bakery for a sweet treat.

7. Thanks DeniseC, auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You can purchase the Daily Deal while you are there but you must make a purchase of $5 or more to qualify to buy it. I'm sure you will spend more than $5. Every shop is unique and everyone is totally nice. Enjoy your visit.

9. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I had the wonderful opportunity to stop at MSQC last year while on a camping trip. Yes wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to meet some of the friendliest people on earth! I met Jenny (even got a picture with her) because one of the gals in the main store told me "Jenny will be here at 4" and right at 40 Jenny was there!!!! Truthfully I didn't buy much fabric, but a lot of T-shirts for gifts (which Jenny signed) - but I LOVED seeing all the quilts I've watched the tutorials for made in different fabrics. Good advice to visit the main store first - I was so impressed with the organization of everything in all the stores (and so was hubby who knows nothing about quilting/fabric!) And people couldn't stop talking about what MSQC has done for the town. I wish I had had more than an afternoon and the following morning. Enjoy!

11. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    You can purchase the Daily Deal while you are there but you must make a purchase of $5 or more to qualify to buy it. I'm sure you will spend more than $5. Every shop is unique and everyone is totally nice. Enjoy your visit.
    This has changed. You can now just buy the Daily Deal and not make any other purchases to get it at the Daily Deal price. (The rule of one at the daily deal price still applies.) The Daily Deal can be found in both the main store and the JCPenny store. The daily specials and weekly specials can be found in the JCPenny store.

Currently, if you spend over $50 at a store, you can get a free charm - each store has their own charm.

13. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

My husband is a KC Chiefs fan-that's how this Pennsylvanian made her way there last summer. It truly is a VERY small town. I loved it. I was overwhelmed at first with the shops but decided to do what Sherriequilts suggests and "orient" myself to the shops first. Have an idea of some things that you may want that are "unique" and may not get other places. After I familiarized myself to the layout of the place I enjoyed exploring the shops one by one, and making some purchases. Have a wonderful time!

15. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Morning Star Inn is a very clean and reasonably priced place to stay and it's just down the street from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.lbc28PuwNT8

And we had the most delicious chicken pot pie at the Blue Sage restaurant.
    Vonnie

17. Thanks DeniseC thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I am counting sleeps til the trip of a lifetime!"