Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbelievable

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Julie ~ The grunge fabrics I wanted (yardage) were not available at M*. I ordered from Jordan Fabrics. Service was prompt. Donna has used grunge in several of her YT tutorials.
    Thanks, Joy! The Fat Quarter Shop has some nice variety, as well. I did order the grey from M* on the free shipping day, plus a couple of alternatives from FQS. It's hard to tell color sometimes on a computer monitor -- the color looks different depending on the screen.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

FYI Not that I buy fabric at JoAnns much but I needed a small piece of purple and the store is just down the road from me. While the manager and I were chatting as she is cutting my fabric the topic of grunge came up and she showed me that JoAnns now carries a line of Grunge (wasn't called that of course and I don't remember the name) but it looked almost the same, some colors better. [I] probably would not have noticed if she hadn't brought my attention to them. each color is within that color range. Just thought I'd mention it as sometimes we just don't want to wait.

3. Thanks g8dhorse7, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Julie ~ The grunge fabrics I wanted (yardage) were not available at M*. I ordered from Jordan Fabrics. Service was prompt. Donna has used grunge in several of her YT tutorials.
    I have watched the Jordan tutorials, and might give them a try to see if service/delivery is quicker.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

5. Thanks g8dhorse7 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Let me get some data on what's going on real quick, I'll see what I can find on the out of stock stuff
    Thanks!! I love that you jump right on these things and work towards a quick resolution.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    I was looking for whites a few weeks ago and was amazed how many variations of white were among the missing. I think I only saw two whites. Thing is when I started searching elsewhere I found that whites were very limited in other places too.
    I've noticed a lot more out of stock items in whites or what I call background blenders. That's why when I placed an order for a creamy white in the collection Garden Delights, I expected since it was in stock I would receive it. After my order sitting/processing for over 7 days, the item now showed backordered. Still feeling frustrated. I guess I will see if my LQS has in stock.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

The customer service at M* just simply has not improved. I ordered three yardage cuts for a specific project back on May 1. Also ordered a fat quarter bundle that was listed in stock. First the one cut showed up as backordered. So much for that project. Pretty soon it showed as cancelled. Took two phone calls for them to only refund a portion of my money. It was only two dollars short so I let it go. Still no shipping notice. The next time I looked the fat quarter bundle showed out of stock and backordered. Called again and cancelled that part of my order and pleaded with them to please send the remainder of my order. Almost a week later I see they have refunded the fat quarter bundle - shorted by almost $9.00. Its not like I returned something and they had to restock or whatever. Not standing for that I called again. Still couldn't get through to the lady that you can't charge somebody full price for items and only get refunded a partial amount. M* is a little more than two hours drive away and I can get anything from anywhere quicker and with a more complete order and inventory system than M*. Finally got the remainder of my order two days ago - sorry for the rant but I'm really disgusted. This is the third time I've ordered for a project and not received all of the order. One of the partials is still sitting because I can't find the missing two fabrics and believe me I've looked.

9. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    FYI Not that I buy fabric at JoAnns much but I needed a small piece of purple and the store is just down the road from me. While the manager and I were chatting as she is cutting my fabric the topic of grunge came up and she showed me that JoAnns now carries a line of Grunge (wasn't called that of course and I don't remember the name) but it looked almost the same, some colors better. [I] probably would not have noticed if she hadn't brought my attention to them. each color is within that color range. Just thought I'd mention it as sometimes we just don't want to wait.
    Thanks for the tip, Georgie Girl! I have searched JoAnn's online for grunge but the search always came up empty.