Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Missouri

My name is Pam and Iíve been quilting on & off since 1992. I remember in my early 20ís wanting to learn to quilt, I bought a few books but never got around to teaching myself. Then the rotary cutter came along and a quilt shop opened in town when I was in my early 30ís. Finally I was going to learn, my first teacher was such a great teacher and we became fast friends, still are to this day. My grandma taught me to sew when I was 9 and I made my clothes for many years. My love of crafting, sewing and quilting has taken me many places in 26 years, Iíve made so many friends and Iím very thankful. I am currently living with my parents, the last 3 years have had some real challenges. I am battling a chronic, genetic, blood cancer which caused me to have 20 strokes in March 2015 but Iím doing well, Iím also a 28 year breast cancer survivor. My husband decided he could not handle my health problems and his so he left in March 2017. Life has been stressful but Iím determined to get back to my quilting. I will be at MSQC next week for the Glamperous retreat. Iím so very excited, even though I live less than 50 minutes from there Iíve never been. Iím very thankful they have the handicapped rooms and even though it will be a challenge getting there with my oxygen machine& walker, Iím ready to have lots of fun, to make some new friends and to do some retail therapy.

2. Thanks bubba, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Missouri

Hello Pam and welcome to the forum from Michigan! So happy you've joined us. Lots of helpful, sweet, knowledgeable, generous folks here. Ooooo, I'm a bit jealous.....M*.....on my bucket list...have fun and let all us sad sacks (those who have only dreamed of M*) know how it all went!

Attachment 152720

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pam!!! Welcome. I also live in northwest Missouri. Enjoy your retreat

5. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Arizona Enjoy your time at MSQC!! I will be going to the forum retreat in the fall and can't wait. I know you will enjoy yourself.

7. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Central Wisconsin, do share with us your time at M*

9. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from SE Kentucky. Hamilton is 700 miles for me but I will be back there again this September for the Forum Retreat for the 4th time.
    Sue

11. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from so. cal. Add my jealousy too for visiting M*. My distance is more like 1,700 miles from there. Some day I hope to visit. I found quilting about 4 years or so ago and the best habit (err hobby ) that I have today. Definitely a sanity saver and de-stresser for me. I have even made friends with my seam ripper!

13. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pam. I'm from a few miles south of KC. Nice to hear you are pushing on and not letting your health issues hold you back.

15. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Colorado. It sounds like you've been through some tough times & still are dealing with health issues. Wishing you the best. Happy Quilting! Enjoy your visit to M*; many of us out here probably will never get a chance to visit in person.

17. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pam and welcome from south Florida. I lived outside Springfield, MO for 10 years and loved it. I assure you this forum of great people will help you relieve some of your stress. Enjoy your trip to M*.
    Linda

19. Thanks PansyCottage thanked for this post