Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default THESE DO NOT WORK

In Marcha I asked if any of you had used Titanium rotary blades. I told you about this good deal I got on EBAY for $9.95 for 10 of them.
    Well, I opened them last week and low and behold the first two would not cut thru a single layer of fabric. The third and forth one cut thru 2 layers twice before skipping. Examining the remainder of them they have knicks and scratches in the edge.
    I wrote to the seller and suggested that I didn't want to leave negative feedback but maybe they were just a bad batch. I have waited a week and had no response from the seller so I left a bad review. I hope none of you get taken by the glitzy thought of titanium. I ordered 8 packages of 5 each Olfa brand and that should hold me for a while. The deal was $2 per blade in quantity.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: THESE DO NOT WORK

I did not order any but it sure is nice to get a heads up on an excellent product or in your case a rip off. I am glad you posted a bad review and I hope it is not filtered out. I'm sorry for you these turned out to be so bad though.

3. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting I always appreciate when our forum members give uzsrwviews of what's worked and what hasn't. Saves us from disappointment and money in purchasing things that are not what expected.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

5. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been very satisfied with the blades I get from Amazon. I get a 10-pak, but don't remember the price. They come from Japan thru a US distributor. The wording on the pkg. is in Japanese.

7. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, what a bummer!! honestly, we are at the mercy of these great deals and I have had a few disapointments myself...Hoping your vendor will soon respond and make it right for you.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

9. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

On a lot of these things, quality is worth the money. Watch black Friday sales for olfa blades; several places use them as "doorbusters". 10 packs half price or something similar.

11. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Always watching for deals on blades and needles. Two of a few items that I will always pay a little more for if necessary. I put them on my Christmas list every year. One year that backfired and I had a few hundred needles.

13. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, I hate to hear about your experience with the titanium blades. I really appreciate your letting us know. I'm going to have to break down and get some more blades for my 60mm rotary cutter. I was looking at titanium, but now I won't.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, I suspect it is not that the titanium was no good, she got a crummy product. I would not be afraid to try titanium, but I would try a known brand from a reliable source such as M* and a small volume to start with. Just my opinion of course, you should do what seems best to you. Sharon

17. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I looked up your review Terry. Looks like someone else had a bad experience with these generic blades too. Noticed the negative review was just on the product, will you leave a negative on the seller, too? I'm usually leery of any generic items sold anywhere.

The ones I use come in their original packaging, are Clauss brand, and last for a long time. Olfa and Fiscars are also name brands ... never tried them so can't give any feedback on them.

19. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post