Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Two great products, Martelli Rotating mat and Block-Loc ruler

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I use Scotch Reusable mounting strips to create the lip that presses up against the seam similar to what the Bloc Loc Ruler does. Here is a picture of of the one I made for the Triangle unit. For half square triangles I also add a piece in one corner so it doesn't rock back and forth.

Attachment 152668
    Great advice! Unless you are planning on making a LOT of HSTs, the Bloc-Loc is hard to rationalize because of the price. I was looking at the tutorial calledCourtship Quilt, which is completely made of 4-1/2" HST, about 350 of them! Since I wanted to make that quilt, I rationalized getting the Bloc-Loc. I will look for that Scotch product to modify other rulers.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jean, I had missed the Bloc Loc set some how. Considerably cheaper as a set. Another Martelli fan here too.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been thinking about those Bloc-Loc rulers, so thanks for the review. I’ve had the Martelli rotating mat for a while now and absolutely love it. I’ve used the cheaper rotating ones but the Martelli is much better. I haven’t bought any of their other mats yet but next time I need one I’ll wait for a Martelli sale.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. Will have to see when they can fit in budget. Not in the near future, but maybe later.