Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday morning in May hello

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	See beauty.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	152606

Hello Folksies

Not going to even say once again that I have no idea where time flies to - but I do know that I lie in bed at night and am thankful that each day is different and not a carbon copy of the day before.

Last week our Elijah Jude turned 2 years old. His birthday was on a Wednesday and the parents decided to hold it that day and invite family/friends over around 3ish. Considering all the local family either are retired or stay at home types and family friends are the same, they figgered it would be fine. Middle son Josh fired up the grill, weenie and burgers. We all enjoyed the grilling while Eli and baby bro Ethan took a nap. Ne'r one woke up until about 4:30. By then we were having a horrible and I mean terrifying electrical storm with hail, hurricane style winds and the loudest thunder. After all that passed over we had more that rolled through but at least we got to eat the cake. I made a dinosaur type cake - great hit. However the biggest hit of the day besides the storms was this:

Name:	DIY-Backyard-Wasp-Solutions-38.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	152609
    We have loads of buzzers this time of year. I love the bees and trust - do not like wasps/hornets at all. Most of my kind are either terrified or allergic to any insect bites. Since most would be there, I followed the lead I saw on pinterest and filled a paper bag up with fabric scraps of course, and let middle son hang it from the rafters on his porch. Out of my entire family, only one asked what it was. Everyone else arrived and said, "nice pinata" with a smirk on their face.

Busy days and no stitching, not even on COC's in the past few weeks. I am just that tired when I sit down or lie down. Up early this morning to get some yard work in before the heat hits me. The sun is just now coming up a bit and I need some more coffee.

Oh, and thought I would pass this on to those who would remember our sweet Eileen - IrishRN - her husband passed away last week after a long struggle. She has not been able to spend time on here in quite some time. if you remember her, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is a special lady.

Now go forth and SMILE. It really does make you look younger.

Name:	Be Somebody.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	152610

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday morning in May hello

Good morning Blondie and all that follow.

I got out my 301 yesterday, oiled her up and got ready to quilt the baby quilt. I was coming down the stairs with an ironing board in one hand and supplies in the other when I missed the last step. Took a stagger to the left and knew I was going down. I didn't fall far thankfully. Hit my elbow on the heater and now I have a little rug burn. BUT today I am feeling it a lot more. Stiff and sore this morning, but nothing serious. I did manage to get the quilt finished in between breaks outside, a little weeding, and went to the neighbour and dug up some hostas.

So today I will finish up the baby quilt. Still slowly getting ready for retreat. Today is Guild and I am hoping to get there on time. Hubby is off to play golf and should be back in time.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

3. Thanks sewbizzy, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Blondie and Everyone, Today is the last day of my DD's visit. She has been a huge help with the pups and we even managed to do some shopping and eating out. Last night we went out for a good meal in Houston.

Blondie, is it possible that Eli is already two years old!!

Today we will be moving the pups to their own crates. They are outgrowing their shared crate and are getting into each others way. I will post new pics of Sugar and Maggie as soon as I can. Dottie is now taking an active role in their education. I'm so proud of our Dottie. She has established with Sugar and Maggie that she is the Alpha dog and pack leader. Now she's teaching them some manners, especially not to jump on her and torment her. We only expose her to one pup at a time because together the Little Girls think they're invincible and it's hard for Dottie to handle them both jumping on her back and nipping at her. Life is like a perpetual motion machine around here but the puppy love is wonderful and we love them so much already.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Blondie and all who follow,
    Yup, I wonder each day where the time goes, seems the year just flies by and each one goes by quicker.
    Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and the garden and flowers have dried out and perked up after a few days of constant rain. Not sure about today's forcast yet, might be showers.

These past few weeks have been productive in the sewing room. I've managed to complete a few UFO's and have completed three new projects. Not ready to pat myself on the shoulder yet as that UFO basket is still overflowing. Today I plan on tackling the batting, need a good system / way of storing it. It is so bulky it seems to take over.

Well, the Keurig is calling my name, tine to get caffeinated so I can get a hustle in my bustle, household chores are waiting to be done. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

6. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I am so glad your fall wasn't serious. That was scary
    Blondie...I don't know about that bag of scraps...do they keeo the wasps away? Whats it for?
    Yesterday, I painted trim and doors in the new room and then the walls. The walls are all but done...DH spotted a rough spot in the sheetrock finish and insisted it needed remudded and sanded so there is about a 3x5 spot to finish up. THen we will start on the floors.
    The girls are coming on Sunday to celebrate birthday and mothers day. I need to go into town and get some potatoes. I think I'll thaw out rib eyes and maybe we can grill if the rain doesn't blow that idea out of the water.
    I really need to scrap paint off the windows I painted yesterday and I need to start cleaning up all the construction dust. Yuk.

8. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I'm slowly getting started this morning. Yesterday was a whirl wind. The youngest kids were here for less than an hour before Nana and Nandy got here to pick them up (just long enough to dump all of the foam blocks and make a big mess on the rug). Nana got to see Mike's quilt in progress and mine that's waiting for a break to get bound.

Last night I went online to Backside Fabrics and ordered backing fabric and batting for Mike's quilt. While shopping I went ahead and picked up backing and some fabric for my MIL's friend's quilt that I'll be starting soon. Free shipping and I'll have what I need for a while! I miss seeing Christine and petting her fabric though.

Mike works this afternoon, so I'll be back in my sewing room working on his quilt. Hopefully I'll have enough Tiger Lily to make that next round of border. I received the notice that the black I ordered for the outer border is on the way. There is a light at the end of this tunnel!

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength,wisdom and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dental cleaning yesterday.... seems I need couple of old crowns replaced. Be some long appts quickly, may only have a a couple of months of dental insurance to use. Looks like my job at the company is coming to an end after 28 years. The thought of looking for another job at my age is frightening. My dads dtr appt yesterday... his numbers were not good for the blood thinners and the sugar (AC1 I think it is), Anyway they have changed his insulin and we go back in 2 weeks to recheck them again. He goes monthly for the checkups of those two things. He is 84 (and set in his ways) not easy keeping him and his diet in check. But I love the man to death and just pick my battles. I have to clean the microwave often, he does not always cover the food containers, but hey... at least he can still operate it.

12. Thanks auntiemern, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning forum friends.

Yesterday our sons GF had surgery for endo. She has had problems with it for a long time & looking forward to feeling a lot better. Spent a good part of the day with her & heading back for a visit in a little while.

She doesn't know it but I'm making her a quilt. Was hoping to be finished with it by surgery time .......but you know how that goes. Hoping to give it to her this week.

Barb, I love hearing about the pups and that Dottie is accepting them as part of the family now.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

14. Thanks sewbizzy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

" He is 84 (and set in his ways) not easy keeping him and his diet in check. But I love the man to death and just pick my bat les. I have to clean the microwave often, he does not always cover the food containers, but hey... at least he can still operate it."

Sounds like me and my DH. The last few years he's helped (?) me with the wash, still have to remind him that the bathroom rugs do not get washed with the towels and sheets.

Nice day out so I hope the lawn guy gets here to weed out around the front yard shrubs and general cleanup of the back yard. With all the rain we've had the past few weeks he and his crew are way behind. I surely miss getting down on my knees and doing that myself but knees won't cooperate any longer.

Since it is so nice out I'm taking a breather this morning and stopping to actually smell the roses that are blooming along side our deck.

Name:	TUESDAY.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	152615
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Blondie, I'm also wondering about that bag of scraps for the wasps. Please fill us in. Monique, so glad you're ok, although a bit sore, after your tumble. Terry, you are so busy fixing up your house. I don't know where you find the energy to do so much. I hope you have a good time with your family.

Another sunny day today. It's supposed to be in the 80's again & all week. DH mustered up the energy to climb into the attic (we have drop-down steps in the garage) & insert the 20" box fan which we use as an attic fan. He made an opening in the hall ceiling years ago. We open it for the summer mos. & use that fan. It really helps move the air & cool the house. I didn't know if he'd be able to do it this year. He feels pretty weak & shaky, but it's done. We'll see if he's still able to remove it come Sept. It's my job at the end of the summer to clean all the fans. If DS#1 makes a fall visit, he does that job. He's not sure if he can make it out (from MD) this year. It's a year this mo. since he was here.

My morning in the kitchen yest. making chicken soup yielded 14 qts. -- the most ever. I had a productive afternoon & eve. with the FMQ. I have the body of the quilt done as well as 2 sides of the border. I had to turn over the quilt to determine small areas I missed. I did SITD with the ruler around almost everything; it takes time. Before I begin to FMQ or SITD the border, I press it to make sure there aren't wrinkles. Sometimes I have to remove a few basting stitches along the perimeter to smooth it out. I hope to finish the other 2 sides of the border today & get started on the binding.

Free shipping today. I don't have a thing in my cart & nothing just begging me to buy it. I'm really trying to use from my stash. I hope everyone has a good day.

17. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post