Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Sunday morning

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday morning

Good morning everyone. It's a cloudy morning here but at least it isn't raining. We are about to head outside to get some work done in the backyard. Supposed to get some rain again this afternoon so our timeframe is limited.

Yesterday we went over to my sister's and of course we wound up making that trip when it was raining the hardest. We brought the plants back over and brought some food for them including some chicken soup. They get back home on Monday evening. It was like Gilligan's Island for them.......a 5 day visit turned into 7 weeks! Her brother in law is doing much better and they have set up supports for him. He is still deciding which way he wants to go as far as any treatment goes. The visiting nurse told him that whatever he is doing, he should keep it up.

Hubby is ready to get started so got to scoot. Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	152576Good morning Ginny and all that follow.

It's a really slow morning. Saturday was a long day as were up early to drive to the states for quilt show. It took 1h45min. It was a lovely show, set up in an old church. It was interesting, as quilt guilds were able to cast their vote on favorite quilts. Someone from my guild had been there on Friday. There were a few vendors,and I did purchase a few items including the Westalee 8pt crosshairs for marking quilts. It was a good price, even with the exchange on the dollar. On the way back we stopped at a quilt store in Akewasasne. We did not have to pay customs. Yeah.

Then we visited friends and had dinner with others. Fun night but exhausting. DH drove home, but he has not driven at night since he had his falls in February. He was not at his peak. I guess I would have been ok to drive but tired. I did have the Royal wedding on TV while I was getting ready. I saw the essentials - the guests arriving, the dress, the church, the vows and most of ceremony. Then there was a choir that started singing the song Stand by Me, and my eyes leaked. Had to redo my eye make-up.

Going to go unwrap the boat today, if the rain holds off. Forecast has changed and it's not supposed to rain. Can we believe? It will be nice in any event as we will sit on the club patio and probably meet a lot of friends that have been away for the winter.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting to run out to Walmart with a neighbor. I have to pick up Carlie's pills so I figure I might as well pick up some of the other things that I can't get at my more local grocery store. Last night I thought we'd get a big thunderstorm but it only came in with a lot of wind and massive rain. Any thunder and lightening stopped as it reached the town. Sad to say it took almost all the flowers of the lovely white azalae bushes flowers next door. They had been beautiful!

Going to continue working on my next trail mix quilt today. I'm trying to talk myself into getting excited about doing the last garden and getting the wax beans in next week :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

6. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully the rain has stopped and bright sunlight is peeking out from behind the clouds, now that's how Spring Days should be. My DGD Catherine gave me a planter full of annuals and I plan to get out there in the sunshine to transfer them to the large planter by our front door. That along with the Spring wreath on the front door and the 9 fully in bloom Azaleas across the front of the house make a lovely entrance to our house.
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

8. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon Everyone.

Church this morning went well considering they found out Thursday that the sound system was toast. Jim has worked on it several days, but it's beyond repair, and less than a year old. He'll be shopping around to find a better system this week.

Tonight is the Crock and Role... a crock pot and casserole dinner for the kick off of the Summer Women's Study. Nana is picking me up at 5:30 so the Turkey Pot Pie has to be ready by then.

I managed to get the quadrants and first border on Mike's quilt done yesterday. I'm going to try to get the second border today. The top and bottom strips are already pinned on. The sides haven't been pieced yet. I'll have to cut some more black 5" squares first.

It's raining here again. We're in a system and they keep hoping it will move off the coast. Personally, I kind of like these gentle rains.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

High noon ~ Hi, Everyone ~ I didn't have time to chat this a.m. Church, with a stop at the groc. store on the way home for chicken & a few things. Tomorrow will be chicken soup day again. It comes around more often since DH is eating more at supper. I'll prep the celery & carrots today. That saves an hour of time on cooking day. I bought a small cheese cake, which I have cut into 8 pieces & will use up sparingly. I like it with cherry pie filling on it.

I watched the Prince Harry & Meghan 2 hr. special on CBS last eve. - "Royal Romance". It was good. Many pics from their childhoods, growing up years, her acting career, Harry's military service, etc. It was very interesting. Yest. afternoon I watched part of the YT video of the wedding; I hope to finish it today.

The weather here has been cool & rainy, too. It never got >55 deg. yest. It dropped to 45 this a.m. We have the heat on. It's looking brighter out there now & may get into the 60's today.

A couple days ago I saw several Cedar Waxwings at the bird water dish. We see them on their migrations. In the fall, they feed on the crabapples. We used to see them in ID; they would feed on the neighbor's Mountain Ash tree berries. This a.m. I saw a bird I haven't seen before. After studying my Birds of North America field book, I think it was an Eastern Wood-Pewee, one of the phoebes. Colorado is on the western fringe of their migration route.

I put in about 40 min. of FMQ yest. I hope to do more this afternoon. Have a wonderful rest of the week end.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Sunday Afternoon! I am happy to report that my Mom recognized my sister today, and luncheon went very well. Mom did blank out on my brother once, but for the most part she knew who everyone was and wasn't too confused.

It's cool today -- low 60's. Yesterday it was in the mid-80's and I was able to mow the backyard with my new lawnmower before it rained. I've found that wearing my knee brace while I mow works best for now, even if it does slow me down.

I'm looking forward to next weekend, with the extra day I may find time to work on the Stairway to Cat Heaven quilt. I ordered fabric to make the cats, it should be here by then. I need to ask my Texas sister if she would like to try putting the nine patches in some sort of order, she's an artist and good with color. She's not a fan of quilting, though, so she may not. She's spending the day with Mom tomorrow to give our sister M (Mom's primary caregiver) a break.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Julie, I am so happy to hear the visit today went so well. Yay for up days to balance the down ones! That's life.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ginny B - you said you brought the plants back over and got food for them including chicken soup - I've never tried giving plants chicken soup, does it make them grow taller and bushier? Hahaha

I had a lovely day on Sunday, church in the morning and music practice in the afternoon. We had a BBQ in the evening -the first one for a very long time. DH had forgotten not to burn the meat - thinks he needs more practice!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Mary. Yup, that's what I said. But I am sure the plants will share the food and chicken soup with my sis and bil.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com