Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi there from the great state of Texas!

Welcome from the UK. I've sewed for over 40 years (I'm 62, say it quick Mary!) and started quilting around 4 years ago, never too old to learn something new, it keeps the mind young!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie221 View Post
    I may need some help. ��. I’ve never been a part of a forum before, so if my question sounds silly, enjoy a laugh on me ��, but educate me before you leave, please. LOL.
    When I reply to these kind posts, is it posting specifically to that person or just in general? It looks like it is just lining up the replies rather than the person I’m replying to.
    Thanks for the lesson. ��
    Well good question but I think it depends on what kind of device you are using, tablet, phone, computer, etc. I use a Kindle so this is how it works for me. Way at the bottom left you have a drop down Forum Links with options to view as Missouri Star or mobile view. I view all responses in the mobile view setting. It just makes the print bigger. If you want to respond to a specific person or post, scroll down to bottom of page and select Full Site where it says Log Out, Full Site, Top.And . Then go back to the post/person you are responding to and click on "Reply with quote" and type in your reply. Then click on "Post Quick Reply" and the original post and your answer shows up as one single post. Dont be daunted by all these instructions, it is much easier to do than it sounds and once you have done it a few times it will become second nature and you will just click, click through it. If I can do it anybody can!
    Also FYI if using a mobile device you also have to toggle to Full Site View to see people's attachments, or if you want to edit a response that you typed and posted. I forgot to add, when you edit a post do your edit. Then click save and it saves and posts your changes all at once.
    Last edited by jjkaiser; May 20th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Well good question but I think it depends on what kind of device you are using, tablet, phone, computer, etc. I use a Kindle so this is how it works for me. Way at the bottom left you have a drop down Forum Links with options to view as Missouri Star or mobile view. I view all responses in the mobile view setting. It just makes the print bigger. If you want to respond to a specific person or post, scroll down to bottom of page and select Full Site where it says Log Out, Full Site, Top.And . Then go back to the post/person you are responding to and click on "Reply with quote" and type in your reply. Then click on "Post Quick Reply" and the original post and your answer shows up as one single post. Dont be daunted by all these instructions, it is much easier to do than it sounds and once you have done it a few times it will become second nature and you will just click, click through it. If I can do it anybody can!
    Also FYI if using a mobile device you also have to toggle to Full Site View to see people's attachments, or if you want to edit a response that you typed and posted. I forgot to add, when you edit a post do your edit. Then click save and it saves and posts your changes all at once.

Ok. I’m gonna try this and see if it works. ��

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Hi there from the great state of Texas!

Thanks for all the welcomes! I appreciate it!