Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Welcome Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Friday

Good morning dear friends.

Yesterday afternoon was a long one. Bonnie picked me up at 12:30 and we didn't get home until almost 6. It is an hour each way BUT they called her in and she waited over an hour for them to do a 10 minute procedure. It was a good thing I had brought my tablet or the time would have seemed longer. Other than that, I really didn't do much and I was off to bed early.

Today is going to be another sunny one but a little cooler. We so desperately need rain which we might get this weekend. Not sure what today will bring, we need to go into town today and pick up a few groceries.

Have a great day and weekend everyone. It's a long weekend here in Canada.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Friday

Good Morning Everyone...The countdown has begun. DD will get here this evening hopefully before dark. I may be MIA for a couple days while she's here.

The Little Girls are already up and eager to begin another day of fun, food and tummy rubs. I need for them to take a nice long nap so I can get a few things done. I promised to bring a pup to visit a neighbor who had a stroke some time today. I think I will take Maggie because she's calmer than Sugar, but Sugar's sweeter and doesn't mind being held.

Jenny's new tutorial is really cute. It's a perfect baby quilt.

I need to get Jeff off to work and feed the pups. They don't play nicely with each other when they're hungry.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Friday and an extra special birthday for Terry.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! I'm still here

I've been working out of town for the past few days and came home yesterday and hubby will come home in a couple hours from working in Vienna. And then, we are on vacation!! We'll leave for a two week beach trip in Turkey on Sunday. So I will be busy washing the last clothes that need to go into the suitcase and I'm going to attempt to sew a couple t-shirts and shorts today and tomorrow. I am not really a garment sewer, but I think I can handle those. I'm feeling less stressed already.

It is a nice, sunny day here today after some days with heavy rains and even hail a couple days ago. I hope the sun is shining for you, too. Have a wonderful day and weekend everbody.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ A mild 58 deg. this a.m. & cloudy. Chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. It's supposed to be much cooler the next couple days. We hit 92 yest. Today is our monthly senior fellowship/lunch at church. The guests are a kitchen band. I'll pick up my friend from the assisted living to give her a ride. After I take her home, I have a couple errands. I did not get any sewing done yest. I made an appt. for our service guy to come set up the swamp (evaporative) cooler next week. Danger of night time freezing is past, & the days are getting warmer.

I haven't had time to watch Jenny's new tut, but it looks like a cute pattern. I hope everyone has a good day & week end.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Who knows what today will bring. I started waking up at O dark 30 and kept turning over and going back to sleep until it was light outside. It was a nappy kind of night. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I looked at the clock.

I did manage to get the last set of quadrant blocks done for Mike's quilt. It's time to press them all and then lay out and sew the quadrant 9 patches together. I'm already bored with this pattern, I certainly hope I don't have to make a lot more quadrants to make it big enough for his bed!

A trip to the grocery store to pick up a couple of items that I forgot when I didn't take the list with me. Hopefully, there will be time for a trip to the meat market, too. If not, then next Wednesday.

Tonight is the Shriner's Circus. The tents have been set up earlier this week. I bought tickets for Mike and me to go, no point in taking the grands yet. Last year they didn't make it through the first act of the Peru Circus. I'll give them a few more years! I'm looking forward to it.

One year ago today, we signed the papers on our house here in Florida. Things certainly have changed since then! I'm trying very hard to remember how blessed I am that things are pretty well settled here, but I certainly do miss my DH.

Prayers for those in need for healing, strength and wisdom. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Started the day off by not putting the coffee grounds in the basket. So not a morning person. Even the puppy isn't interested in getting up this morning. He usually goes out at 7:30 but he's still sleeping.

Barb I can't imagine having two pups, this one is wearing me out. It's interesting that they have different personalities just like people. I hope you have a great time with DD.

I was going to the grocery store today but realized I can take some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer & go tomorrow. That frees up my time to deal with the fabric in the quilt cave. I'm going to try grouping it a different way so I can purge what I really don't want.

DH had the part time person just quit with no notice & his full time person is on vacation. That means he'll work 10 days straight with no help. Just 7 more months & he's done.

Well I can't put off my morning any longer. Hope everyone has a good day.

9. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Still overcast and rainy here. 4 days so far. It sure does look like a rain forest out there though. Making the paint and plaster dry really slow .... but the house is looking cleaner and brighter.
    DH bought me lottery tickets for my birthday...hummm...he sees me watching those lottery dream home programs and thought it would be a great gift. He spent 40 and we won 32. Took an hour to scratch them off so $8 for an hour of dreaming....
    Could not get focused yesterday. Made the birthday cake, cleaned the bathroom, prepped the molding for painting today. Finished one quilt and got another one started.
    Woke up in the night with a flaming toe...I think its an ingrown toenail. yukky.
    Off to get a cup of coffee...I have practiced making coffee without the coffee in the pot too! Hopefully not today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    Monique, I hear that we may get rain Sat night and Sunday. Things are really dry here. I did a few hours of yardwork in the front beds. I spread 3 bags of black mulch in the beds. Things are green, but I will wait a few weeks before I add some red and white geraniums to the beds. It's just too soon. I will check flyers, if they are on sale, I will buy them and keep in the garage. I also took grass and weeds out of the front walkway. It's a never-ending job. I'm thinking of blasting with power washer in the cracks and filling with a hardening compound.

It was a long day as I woke up at 3 and finally got up at 4am. I can sympathize Katrina with napping all night. Luckily I got a full 9 hours sleep last night. I did deliver a quilt to my foster sister, and brought fabrics for her to pick for pillowcases. The dark purple was perfect, but the other one, I am now hired to make a new valence. I guess this is technically the first quilt I have sold, and I took what she offered $400. I guess that is not bad for a double. She has been good and generous to my mom I would have given it to her. As she said, she has the money, so she appreciates the work. Last year I made her the bird quilt last year for her 80th birthday.

I also dropped by to pick up mom's laundry. She shares a bathroom with another lady. Bathroom divides the rooms. The new person is a screamer, and yelled all night. This is going to be exhausting for my mom, but she was quick to complain. They must give her something during the day as she sleeps. Not a good situation.

Today, we will have steaks for lunch on the BBQ and a small meal for supper. We have found that DH sleeps better when he limits his night eating. Saturday, quilt show with DH and girlfriend Pat.

Have a good weekend, it's a long one for us. Queen Victoria holiday, so there will be fireworks.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Carolnnc, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was a fun day. DD and I went to Chilton county to pick peaches and had a really nice lunch. She went home and made jam. I think I am going to make a peach cobbler and give the rest to my neighbor.

I was unlocking the door to let Sandy out and I turned my head for a second. She grabbed her a peach and shot out the back door. Who knew dogs liked peaches. She gave me this look of just try to take this away from me. Well it didn't kill her.

I have to clean house today. My nephew comes every year for the SEC baseball thing . I am also picking up the grandkids from school and I hope they spend the weekend with me.

Have a wonderful day!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandy.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	152547
    Some day I will figure out why my pictures are turned side ways grr!