Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - May 11-17, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Yay me! I just finished laying out 476 4 x 2 inch rectangles of batik fabrics. It is a color wash quilt for our DS's girlfriend.

I am pooped. It took much longer to layout than I expected. I rearranged and changed pieces way too many times.

I will take pictures in the daylight tomorrow. And then I will start sewing it together before the pieces start falling off of the design wall.

Happy Mother's Day!
    Whatever you do... do not turn on a ceiling fan!!

don't ask me how I know....

2. Thanks kimsophia, MSN, threadbndr, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken a break from quilting after finishing my May UFO and a Linus quilt. I'm currently working on tote bags, cosmetic bags and tissue holders for a friend at church who fundraises for The Leprosy Mission. So far I've made 3 tote bags and have cut out the fabric for another 3 with matching tissue holders. I'll move on to the cosmetics bags afterwards. It's like a production line in my sewing room.

4. Thanks threadbndr thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten a few blocks together for my friend's quilt, and I really like it! I'll try to share some photos soon, but I always end up fighting with the site here when I do... so I'll wait until they're worth it ;-)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartland Heritage Sew Along May 2018 (505x800).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	152529

3 more to go and then the May blocks will be completed for the Heartland Heritage Sew Along!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

7. Thanks TMP, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Village quilt sandwiched today with DH's help. Since it is a gift to him, I asked his advice about the backing fabric. I bought this super wide backing on sale online at Fabric.com, I think...anyway, I wasn't that thrilled with it when I got it but it was only the backing, so I wasn't going to return it. Last night while ironing everything first I hung it over the stair railing and the underside was out...and I decided I actually like the reverse side better! But it was up to him and he also picked the reverse side So that's a happy happenstance. The quilt is 85 inches square so having him help to center everything and smooth out the wrinkles was greatly appreciated. Thank goodness for re-positioning basting spray.

9. Thanks TMP thanked for this post