Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Member from Nebraska

Welcome from Ohio! I lived in Norfolk NE for several years (went to college there) and then in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Used to drive back and forth to my home in Colorado so I've been through Grand Island many times.

2. Thanks Virginia F thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Welcome from Ohio! I lived in Norfolk NE for several years (went to college there) and then in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Used to drive back and forth to my home in Colorado so I've been through Grand Island many times.
    I lived across the river from Cincinnati for several years. Used to party in Cinci as the bars were still open we we got off work at 11:30 pm. Northern Kentucky was absolutely breathtaking!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

5. Thanks Virginia F thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, lots to enjoy here.

7. Thanks Virginia F thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia F View Post
    LOL, since the other quilts are for paying customers; their quilts have to get top priority. I did take the time to quilt a couple of baby quilts for two of my nieces. Have a couple more quilts started for other nieces but had to put the brakes on them so that I could get the restaurant finished.

Very excited to be at a point when I can finally start doing more things that I want to do (most of which involve sewing of course). Where are you visiting in Nebraska?
    Hello again, Virginia,

I'm in Omaha. I do have an upholstery question for you, if you don't mind. My daughter's family just bought a used sectional couch. The big, luscious cushions are actually attached to the the sections, and they haven't held up well to my active grandchildren. Just two months in the family, this used couch has multiple split seams.

So my daughter and I were brainstorming on how we could re-cover these cushions that are attached to the back and base. We came up with the idea of construction "five sides of a box" with a mostly open back/sixth side. We'd put elastic on the opening and then slide these over the original fabric.

Would love to hear your opinion on that idea and any better ideas you might have.

Thanks!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Virginia, from NW Minnesota!

Jeanne

10. Thanks Virginia F thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Virginia from Nebraska and welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly folks around these parts. I'm Beth from Georgia

12. Thanks Virginia F thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I would recover the couch and not attach the cushions to the back. They would definitely hold up to active grandchildren much better that way. Really should be relatively easy to put a new front on the couch (can even do an elastic cover as there would be no staples if that makes it easier). I'm just not a fan of cushions being attached to the main piece of furniture. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Virginia