Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am an empty nester..............

I just happend over night! One day you have a baby, next thing you know they are all grown up and moved out.....

My last one moved out this week.......... Roselique is on her own two feet and loving it.
    She lives in our town so that is great, but it feels sooooooo empty having her gone.
    This morning I drove to my parents and saw her standing at a stoplight on her bike, we waved and I felt old
    After a couple a very busy days moving her, and quilting a quilt I took today off.
    Trying to learm a new normal without kids around me, sitting here reading the forum with my puppydog on my lap....... Lol. He is getting so big, but still wants to jump on my lap, So sweet! He will be six minth old tomorrow!

Jus needed to talk to friends for a bit, thanks for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	152197  
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I am an empty nester..............

Ahhhhh, the empty nest.....I well remember when the last one left....I was happy for him, but...... I cried like a baby for a day.
    Mmmm, can't remember when it changed to our new normal......it did take time.
    Busy helps, but it just takes time.

I do remember when they each left for college. At one point all were gone.....the peace, quiet was great. Then they all came back on break...whew, the noise, the activity....then pouf!
    Then they left, married....

I just love your puppy! He'll help.

Try and Enjoy this time....it'll be normal soon enough!

And yes......I felt old too....some days.....even older still....

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, time does march on, and they all leave the nest. It just feels so special when they come back for a visit! Enjoy your puppy baby!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

My girls moved out 2 days apart! One got married on a Saturday and the other moved out on Monday! It was awful! But I have adjusted and they are both happily married and I am a grandma to 4 wonderful little boys. Life does go on. Our pastor always says "The best is yet to come!" I'm going with that!!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I had kids at home for a long time.....I had my daughter when I was 41. After the boys were out of the house, she and I were especially close, and we did a lot of things together. She's been on her own for 2 1/2 years now, and I still miss her. We do see each other at the cabin in the summer (halfway distance between Minneapolis and our home), and I try to visit her a couple of times a year, but since her job requires she works most Saturdays, she rarely makes the 6 hr. drive home. We have 1 son who lives in our town which is great, but our other one lives overseas as he is a Marine. Facetime is my friend! Time goes by so quickly, doesn't it? Pets certainly fill some of the space left by our kids.

Jeanne

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you. Yes, you will find your new normal.
    You're lucky she lives in town, mine moved from California
    to New York.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You will come to enjoy it believe me. And you are so lucky that she is so close by.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I only had one to leave the nest, but it was rough. It gets easier and you'll come to enjoy having all the kids visit and then go back to their homes.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had just one leave the nest and it really tore me up. She moved to California and did really well for herself. We still talk at lease once every day. It will get easier, Klasien.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We had an empty nest for a short time after mom passed. Then we sold our house and DS#2 had to move in with us. Now DH is gone, and DS#2 is still with me. lol, DS#1 is afraid that he'll never move out. I hope he's wrong. He deserves to live his own life and find someone special.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post