Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Brother Embroidery machine? Thread?

I did look at the Metro site and compared the various types of threads. I have used one of the Metro threads, LIKE it and better than that,,my machine had no issue with it. It is a polyester thread, which my machine really does well with, so I don't foresee any problems with it. I like it a lot!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Oh my, Oh my....Sandy's post is SO reminiscent of my experience. My machine was on order...I was excited...I ordered 100 some threads...I got my machine..my machine did not like them..I now pretty much use them for my other machine piecing 'cause I don't know what else to do with them. I am pretty much sticking with R/A threads and am just now trying another brand .. Metro, after reading others who have had good luck with them (supposed to be comparable to R/A. Hoping they are OK. So far so good....but I bought a package deal and now have 64 of Metros in various colors. Different machines like different threads. Maybe I'll have all of those spools just being "pretty" in my sewing room.
    Thanks! You answered one question and created another! ;-) I wondered if you could use them for piecing if the embroidery machine did not like them.

Now, what is R/A thread?
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

R/A Robison-Anton (you find it in the Husqvarna-Viking stores since that's what they recommend for their machines - but there are other sources).

Personally I don't like to piece with polyester or rayon threads - but I'm not much of a snob when it comes to using up my stash of cotton threads for piecing, no matter the manufacturer or the color of the thread. That's not saying that I have never used the poly or rayon, but I've been able to make adjustments with tension/needle size/attachments, so that probably 99% of the poly/rayon threads I've ever bought I've been able to use one way or another for embroidery work. There's no way I'll use all I have in my lifetime though.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

4. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    R/A Robison-Anton (you find it in the Husqvarna-Viking stores since that's what they recommend for their machines - but there are other sources).

Personally I don't like to piece with polyester or rayon threads - but I'm not much of a snob when it comes to using up my stash of cotton threads for piecing, no matter the manufacturer or the color of the thread. That's not saying that I have never used the poly or rayon, but I've been able to make adjustments with tension/needle size/attachments, so that probably 99% of the poly/rayon threads I've ever bought I've been able to use one way or another for embroidery work. There's no way I'll use all I have in my lifetime though.
    Sandy - I did NOT know that we are supposed to use all of our stash in our lifetime! Now you tell me.....

Donna

6. Thanks Sandy Navas thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Use all your stash in your lifetime! I really have no desire to live that long!

8. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are all supposed to live to be 300 years old . . . well, maybe 200.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

10. Thanks dwil23 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

200, maybe. 300, I would need to sell my stash to pay the medical bills!