Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP - April 27 to May 3, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    I have finally been able to do some piecing. I am working on an English Paper Piecing project. It is a lovely little quilt that is advertised as either a baby quilt or a wall hanging. I don't know what the final purpose will be, but I am oh so glad to get back to quilting, even it it is all hand sewing! There are about 6 units to this quilt, and I am just finishing the first one. I had help from my sister who cut out most of the fabric for me to wrap around the paper diamonds. I order my paper pieces from a company called, strangely enough, Paper Pieces. They also offer acrylic templates to use for cutting out the fabric. Those templates are awesome and well worth the quite reasonable price.

I am hoping to get back to machine piecing soon. I have a promised project that was supposed to be finished over a year ago.
    I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    ... I am oh so glad to get back to quilting, even it it is all hand sewing! There are about 6 units to this quilt, and I am just finishing the first one. I had help from my sister who cut out most of the fabric for me to wrap around the paper diamonds. I order my paper pieces from a company called, strangely enough, Paper Pieces. They also offer acrylic templates to use for cutting out the fabric. Those templates are awesome ...
    I am glad you are feeling good enough to quilt again. I find hand piecing to be very relaxing, and I'm a big fan of Paper Pieces, too. I am using their templates for "Aunt Lottie's Garden" and last year I finished this little 'doll or wall' quilt from their line as well.

3. Thanks pcbatiks, Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia!! I'm so happy to hear from you . welcome back!! <3

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threadbndr View Post

Beautiful!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Only 22 inches left to applique. It's the fussiest section, with over 50 little pieces. I've already done quite a bit tonight so I may wait until another day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to get a Linus quilt finished and donated today. Just cut out and started to sew some bags for my friend at church who fundraises for The Leprosy Mission. My intention is to make simple shopping bags, cosmetics bags and tissue holders all to match. I have also cut out and ready to sew syringe driver bags for those in need in the community.

I've also pulled out 2 more Linus quilts to finish off, hopefully by the end of the weekend!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to get a Linus quilt finished and donated today. Just cut out and started to sew some bags for my friend at church who fundraises for The Leprosy Mission. My intention is to make simple shopping bags, cosmetics bags and tissue holders all to match. I have also cut out and ready to sew syringe driver bags for those in need in the community.

I've also pulled out 2 more Linus quilts to finish off, hopefully by the end of the weekend!!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

thank you!