Juki TL2010Q won't sew with cotton thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • midwifehc
    Shiny Thimble
    • Apr 2016

Re: Juki TL2010Q won't sew with cotton thread?

I have my Juki a long time and it will sew with anything. I have never needed to adjust the bobbin tension. In addition to the regular tensioner have you adjusted the subtensioner, including the number of holes the thread is threaded through just before the subtensioner?

Comment

• LLLinda
      The Guild President
      • Mar 2017

I have only used two brands of thread in my 2010q. The first I really wanted to work for less lint and cost. It was Superior So Fine brand but not for me. I switched to Aurifil and no more thread breaking.

Comment

• TMP
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2014

I gave my Juki 2010q to my daughter. I loved that machine. You are right about it liking some thread better than others. Mine liked Mettler and Gutermann. One silly thing I did when I first got the machine was insert the needle wrong. It was very particular about that.

With my new Juki the lady that installed it told me to find one thread get the tension right and not switch brands. She recommended Superior Threads King Tut and to use this in the bobbin and on top.
        Teresa
        Pelham, Alabama
        War Eagle!!!

Comment

• sydneybean
          The Guild President
          • Feb 2010

I have the same machine and I never have trouble with any thread I use. I do use an 80 or 90 needle. I use C&C, Connecting Threads, Aurafil, Gutterman. anything, and I have no problem
          So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

• lots2do
            Applique Angel
            • Aug 2015

I have a new Juki as well. Check your threading. I had the thread shredding and while it looked as if was threaded properly, the thread was catching where it shouldn't have been. Then, the thread was hooked on a part of the needle threader and that was causing issues. I did have to put a needle with a smaller hole in to get the right tension. Oh and I've been told that universal needles are just about useless.
            I hope you find your solution soon. I love sewing on the Juki. It's really given me a renewed spark for sewing.

Comment

Working...
            X