Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grandmother's Flower Garden

I am in the process of hand quilting this:
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/al...hmentid=150926
    It is my first hexi project ever and I wanted a modern look, so I opted for this different layout with plenty of background. My hexis are 1" so I could cut them from 2 1/2" strips from my scraps.
    Hand sewing projects are intended to be relaxing, the opposite of a race. I would sew a few hexis now and then, and it is only half way that I decided on the definite size of the quilt.

2. Thanks Cyndie, Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hexie quilt in the works since that group started. So much fun, and sooooo much work
    I make mine scrappy, I join 100 and put them a side and start the next 100. That way i can still manage it on my lap till I join them all into a full size quilt............one day

Good luck with yoyrs, please show ys the progress!!
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

4. Thanks Cyndie thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my first quilt,I just finished a La Passagalia,I like to do paper piecing travelling,we are off tomorrow for a couple of months(motorhome) cutting out 3/4 inch hexies,had a lot of fabric left from the passa,not sure what I'm doing yet but have a pattern similar to louries above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141023_091340-1280x960.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	152206  

6. Thanks chelea, Star lover, Cyndie thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies for the photos of your EPP quilts. They are so pretty and very inspiring! I'm on flower #16! Decided to start with 50 flowers, lay them out and then determine if more will be needed. Those hexagons are addictive!
    Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lauthala View Post
    Here is my first quilt,I just finished a La Passagalia,I like to do paper piecing travelling,we are off tomorrow for a couple of months(motorhome) cutting out 3/4 inch hexies,had a lot of fabric left from the passa,not sure what I'm doing yet but have a pattern similar to louries above.
    I love your quilt. It is so beautiful! If I ever decided to make something so time consuming and complicated my husband would kill me. As it is it seems I am always working on or sewing something in my spare time which there is never enough of, and he still complains that I am always sewing. And a passagalia? I can't even imagine getting that one cut out!!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, lovely quilts! I started one this summer but took a break over the winter. Will get back to it soon. I am using fussy cut animals in the centers: moose’s, loons, bears etc. Have to get back to New England where I can find more of those kind of fabrics.