Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Morning Hellos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 23 Monday.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	152003

Hello Folksies!

It's Monday, another day to run to the City to the Dr. We are expecting rain all week - as long as it holds off until I am home. I truly dislike driving in weather. I flashback to 1974 when I was in college. I was on I-26 in Columbia SC right across from Lexington Hospital when I was involved in a huge pile up. I was one out of 3 people that survived. Those images always seems to be ready to pop up in my mind all these years later when I see the rain. It wasn't evening raining hard at the time. Enough of that. I will freak myself out, and can't be having none of that!

The past few days besides haircuts, I've worked a little in everyone's yard as well as my own. Hubs cut the grass here and at Mom's. Sis and I have been following a neat little app she downloaded onto her notepad. It is called Moon and Garden ( http://moonandgarden.com/en/ ) and is an almanac of sorts. For those who really enjoy the gardening thing, it is a neato little app. It will let you know the good days to do any sort of yard work. This past Sat and Sun were good days to sow and transplant. The past week or so have been good for eradicating weeds. Since we have been following the app., we have been happy to see that things take root easier and sit in the earth more pleased as well. I carried my sis and middle son some Red Twig Dogwood. Sis also received a bit of goldilocks (ground cover), varigated liriope and a tad of Mock Orange. She was right tickled.

These lovely perfect days outdoors seem so fleeting that I want to stay outside all day . . . so I do when I can. Hoping that each of you find a day this week that is Picture Perfect! Think good thoughts about others, give from your heart, not your conscious and smile at strangers. I love to do that. They don't know how to take it and most of the time smile back! So, SMILE!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smile monday.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	152006

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Morning Hellos

Mornin all......justa sittin here a smilin........
    Thank you Blondie for the link.....I'm going to check it out. My grandparents and DH all grew/grow according to the moon, etc.

I do believe spring is here.......hard to believe that a week ago we had an ice storm followed by snow......Michigan.......then again, it can still snow......but I think we've turned the corner....YIPEE!!!!!!!

We hit 60 yesterday and sunny......lots to smile about.....besides all the other good stuff!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and y'all are able to enjoy some spring! Love and hugs!

3. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Got home from my retreat yesterday, sun was shining so the 4 hour drive was a pleasant one. Unfortunately it took me over 5 hours to get there last Wednesday , between accidents and road work it was a torteous drive.

I was productive and got all but two of my block of the month blocks fused to the background fabrics and ready to applique. Also started a paper pieced project to start using up some of my scraps that are accumulating faster than I can sew.

Good to get away but good to get home and sleep in my own bed. When I left the daffodils were in bud when I got home they were all in bloom, what a welcoming sight that bright yellow pop of color in the garden. Has spring finally arrived?!

Well, I'm off to the kitchen for some coffee, then get my stuff put away. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone...Jeff is off again today to hunt. It's been raining since yesterday so he has been catching up on his rest. We made a trip to WalMart yesterday and I ran into an old friend. We took nearly half an hour to catch up with ourselves. There's nothing like old friends who remember "back when".

Cathy, glad you had a safe and sunny trip home.

This afternoon we get to see our pups at the vet's office. It's not an easy trip to the breeder's place and Tom's office is about the halfway point, so we will take advantage of this opportunity to see how our Little Girls are doing. I know I will want to bring them home today!

Wishing everyone a fine Monday. I hope the sun is shining just for you.

7. Thanks pcbatiks, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Morning Everyone...Jeff is off again today to hunt. It's been raining since yesterday so he has been catching up on his rest. We made a trip to WalMart yesterday and I ran into an old friend. We took nearly half an hour to catch up with ourselves. There's nothing like old friends who remember "back when".

Cathy, glad you had a safe and sunny trip home.

This afternoon we get to see our pups at the vet's office. It's not an easy trip to the breeder's place and Tom's office is about the halfway point, so we will take advantage of this opportunity to see how our Little Girls are doing. I know I will want to bring them home today!

Wishing everyone a fine Monday. I hope the sun is shining just for you.
    Take pictures of those cuties if you can!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Blondie, be safe out there! It's pouring here this morning. Reading about the Mock Orange makes me nostalgic for my home town. Mom and Dad had one it the center of the front lawn. Dad cut it down with the lawn mower so much it decided to grow as canes instead of a tree. Every Mother's Day it would be in full bloom and smell so good.

My son planted a real orange tree and one of those grafted Meyer Lemon and Key Lime trees. I hope he won't be disappointed, they're small so it's going to be a while before they have a good crop.

I piddled a little in the sewing room yesterday after church. It seems like I spent more time on the phone than working, but it was nice to catch up with people. It kept my mind from focusing on the 3 month anniversary that I'd love to not dwell on.

With the first baby shower on Saturday, I've really got to get focused and get these baby quilts done! Today won't be one of those work days, the kids will be here this morning then Mike's glasses are in (I wish mine were in). While we're picking those up, I need to replenish the pantry and return the stretcher bars to Hobby Lobby and get the right sized bars so I can hang my poppies.

The coffee is ready, time to get the day started. Sounds like there will be a little prince or princess to join Prince George and Princess Charlotte soon. Prayers for those in need for healing, comfort and strength. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. Another glorious day today. We have hit double digits this weekend and lots of sunshine. Oh how we need sunshine. I survived the busy weekend. Auction sale on Saturday, I didn't get anything but Les did. Then it was off to a birthday party, after that I picked up my sister-in-law and brother-in-law and we went out for supper, then it was off to a stag. Yesterday was Lionette Rally day and it dragged on well past what it should have. I have a brief visit with my brother to pick up my birthday gifts. I was pooped last night.

Today Bonnie is picking me up and then she will be dropped off at the hospital. Her surgery is tomorrow and we would both be very appreciative of some prayers.

I work tomorrow, dinner with Greg and Ashley on Wednesday, trip to the city on Thursday to pick up Bonnie's son and the weekend free to do what I want.

Barb, have fun with the new babies.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ I think today will be another nice day in the 70's. I hope to get outside & clean up around all the sprinkler heads so the lawn service can easily visualize all of them. Our mowing day is Tues. I delayed mowing last week because the lawn hadn't grown enough since the spring clean-up.

Today is my dr. appt. It will be a new dr. I haven't seen before. Because our other dr. wanted to cut back on her hours, they made her move to another office in a nearby town; it was disappointing. We both liked her, but we didn't want to travel, so we switched to a dif. dr.

I'm still browsing for a new laptop. I might have to switch to a 15.6" to find something more affordable. No more time now.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It was a nice day yesterday, but it's rainy this morning. I put my ferns out yesterday after keeping them in the basement for a week so the frosts and freezes wouldn't get them. I hope all that is over now. Yesterday was our 46th anniversary so we ate out and went to a flea market....exciting isn't it. LOL! DH and I may go to the Social Security office today. It's time for him to sign up for Medicare...he's looking forward to getting it because his current health insurance is soooo expensive. Surely Medicare and a supplement will be cheaper. I'm procrastinating on making a quilt for our vet's baby that's due in June. It's going to be a disappearing 9 patch. I've got a layer cake and solid yardage and need to get started on it. I'm going to get another cuppa coffee then start the day. Prayers and good thoughts for all!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Today Bonnie is picking me up and then she will be dropped off at the hospital. Her surgery is tomorrow and we would both be very appreciative of some prayers.
    Continued prayers for Bonnie.....and you too! Hugs to you both!

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post