Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dottie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dottie

I took Dottie to the vet Monday morning and, as I feared, her congestive heart failure has worsened considerably in the last month or so. The murmur seems to be about the same but Tom can hear fluid around her heart. He prescribed a second diuretic and increased the dosage of the meds she has been taking. We hope that some new life in the house, when we get the pups, will perk Dottie up and give her more energy. My DD is coming to see Dottie May 18th. She sorely regrets not seeing Olive before she went to Rainbow Bridge and she doesn't want that to happen with Dottie. She wants to see us, too, but this trip is mostly for Dottie. You may remember that Dottie and Olive were my DD's family pets before we adopted them a few months after we lost Miss Molly.

Jeff had to drive to Springfield today for Supervisor Training. He won't get home until dark this evening. I'm taking advantage of the long day by cleaning carpet and washing the windows indoors. I haven't cleaned the carpet since I took that bad fall last year. I'm taking a little break right now because the loud noise was stressing Dottie.

I have 57 quarter blocks done on the Sashiko quilt. I'm beginning to think more "table topper" than actual quilt...lol! I'm getting tired of making the blocks and may set it aside for a few weeks. I need to get my sewing room cleaned up.

I hope everyone is having a great day. Hugs all around....
    Last edited by Bubby; April 18th, 2018 at 01:35 PM.

2. Thanks Blondie, sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dottie

Oh Barb, so sorry to hear about Dottie. I've been praying for y'all and will continue. Treasure all the time the Lord gives you......they are like our own children. Love and hugs!

P.S. Sure looking forward to the Sasiko...whatever....whatever you decide.....gonna be gorgeous!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about Dolly.
    They become such a large part of our lives. It is too bad that we can't have them as their healthy, young selves longer.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb - prayers, hugs and deep understanding. Pulling for Dottie to keep chugging away! Brings back so many memories.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A visit from Dottie's "sister" is sure to lift her spirits and yours. So sorry you are going through this but remember you are doing everything humanly possible to make sure she is comfortable. All dogs should be so well loved and taken care of.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb

I'm really sorry to hear the latest on Dottie. As furbaby parents we have to worry even more cos' they can't verbalize where they feel bad. Don't overdo the cleaning. Don't want you to be too pooped to enjoy DD's visit. Take care YOU too. Thoughts & prayers going to you, Jeff & Dottie.

Love ya
    Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Big hugs to Dottie and Barb. Like Gina said, it's hard because they can't tell us how they feel. Hoping she will be energized & curious with her sister puppies around.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, so sorry to hear about Dottie, hope she finds her strength again. (((((HUGS)))))

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb my heart is with you and Dottie. Hoping your daughter helps Dottie get some new energy. looking forward to stories and pics of new pups.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb I'm so sorry to hear about Dottie. Hoping for a rally and renewed energy with the new meds. I'm really glad your daughter is coming to visit. Maybe that will perk her up! I know how I feel whenever Mollie has off days. These little loves can be such a worry. Hugs for you dear friend....
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.