Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday the 13th adventure

I've never been hospitalized in my life other than a couple times out-patient and the births of my kids so this is a new experience for "me" as the patient. On Friday the 13th, I had an appt. to follow up on my breathing problems and a bad drug reaction that left me with achilles tendon problems in both feet, barely unable to walk and in severe pain. I was also in the mist of an exacerbation and did not realize was acute distress.

My Dr. called an ambulance right then and there and didn't give me a chance to argue with her. Well lucky me, I got the two cutest EMT guys and a quick ride to the hospital. I mean, these guys were hotties! They asked me if I wanted lights and siren. Well heck yeah! I'm not getting a discount for no frills! So lights & sirens we went. Trust me, when these guys get a wife, they'll never let her drive!

Remember, it was Friday the 13th! So I spent 16 hrs in ER, a very busy place and a few crazy people admitted. That ER was just as busy as the shows you see on TV and even a few comical moments. I was moved to a room next day, fortunately because the ICU was full. So I ended up with a private room until last night. I haven't had more than 2 hrs of sleep at any given time since noon Friday. I keep ripping my IV thingy out of my hand while moving in bed and have made a few bloody messes that have made the nurses afraid that Freddie Krueger was here. Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday....not quite sure if I was depressed or just dam mad that they keep forgetting to give me some coffee with my meals. (I know, a stupid thing to get me upset.) Sometime a gal just needs her caffeine but I'd settle for a stiff vodka right now. Well, at least I have my cell phone and my tablet for entertainment.

I'll be here for a couple more days until I'm strong enough to go home. I'm getting great care by all the dedicated staff and they are all great, By that time I get home, the dog will be really pissed at me, the neighbors will already think I'm dead and the mailman will give up trying to stuff all the junk mail in the tiny condo mailbox.

Well, that was my weekend. So, how was yours?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday the 13th adventure

Sending you big hugs ! and wishing you a speedy recovering!

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

4. Thanks Sharyn J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll hazard a guess.....were you prescribed ciprofloxacin prior to all this happening?

Get better soon!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

6. Thanks Sharyn J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your hospitalization, Sharyn.But glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor. Hope that, with all the good care, you'll be hale and hearty and able to go back home very soon.

8. Thanks Sharyn J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. How about a hug.....Name:  Hugs.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  10.8 KB

10. Thanks Sharyn J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what an experience! Hoping and praying that you'll be well enough to go home soon. Hugs!
    Anita

12. Thanks Sharyn J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping you'll soon be back in your home and feeling like yourself again. Hugs to you!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

14. Thanks Sharyn J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What hospital and room # are you in? Will send vodka. Aw poor you. At least you got to look at some eye candy. Feel better soon. Sending hugs in the meantime.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I'll hazard a guess.....were you prescribed ciprofloxacin prior to all this happening?

Get better soon!
    Yes Pat, it was a levaquin drug. They say the side effects are somewhat rare but happens more often patients who have infections, lung disorders and those over 65. This category is now listed on my allergic list but that doesn't do me much good right now. It's been 6 weeks and I'm told could be another 6 weeks to 6 months! Hope it's on the short line.

The good news is that I was able to stand up and get onto a scale to check my weight at 40 a.m. Yes, what better time to check for weight, 4 a.m.

17. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get to go home soon!

Don't you just love how they say you need to rest but constantly disturb you to take blood, give meds, take your blood pressure (which is usually automatic these days!) . You are lucky to sleep for two hours straight without being disturbed!
    Vonnie