Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Saturday cheers

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday cheers

Good morning everyone,

I'm getting my fuel (aka coffee) brewing. I can't believe that I didn't sleep in. It is a gorgeous sunny day. Cold -2, but sunny. It will be a good day for the start of a Shop Hop around the Capital. There are about 17 LQS participating. We will go west to Arnprior, Perth, Carleton Place which (also has a huge wool sorting facility and store. We will take it slow as I'm not going for prizes. It's just fun as you never know what quilters you will meet.

I am going with my non-quilting friend Pat, so I promised that we would shop at clothing stores also. I think I am due for new wardrobe. Being retired, I don't have the need for lots of business suits and evening wear. It's mostly casual, but it is getting old. I hope I find something nice. I didn't like some of the trends last week when I went shopping, and came home empty handed.

Yesterday, the painter finished the upstairs bathroom, so house is done. Next, the electrician will replace outlets throughout the other half of the house we had not done, and maybe i will ask about installing a doorbell chime so I can hear when I am sewing downstairs. I dont hear it when someone rings. In the afternoon, my daughter came by to drop off items for the yard sale in May at my mom's residence. We have usually participated in a community sale, but we are both too busy this year, so donations are in order. I also passed along some meals and quiches I made for fast meals. I help her this way as babysitting is not my strength.

I also made two cushions from panels and quilted the tops FMQ. I love them. They are called Spring, out like a lion, in like a lamb. Wait that was supposed to be March. I guess it applies to April.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	151633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	151634

Have a good day. Make it the best, despite all.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Star lover, Monique, sewbizzy, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday cheers

Good Morning, All ~ It's a chilly 27 deg. here. We had light snow & 32 deg. all day yest. No accumulation. It stuck to the grassy areas. It was the coldest season opener game in Denver for the Rockies. But we needed the moisture.

I was tired yest. & didn't do a whole lot. Did no sewing or quilting. I hope to get to the sewing room today. I hope everyone has a good week end. No more time now.

4. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was a repeat of the day before, teary for no good reason, but I'm persevering. Tonight will be Zeke's birthday party at Grammy and Daedo's (sp?) house, DIL's parents. That will be fun I'm sure.. or crazy anyway. Nice thing, Mike will be off work in time to join in on the fun. He's worried that he'll be too tired to enjoy it. I told him when he's ready to go home, we'll go home.

I've made 4 corner stones from the left over pieces of the piano keys to add to the indigo border. Once those are all on, it will be time to figure out what backing I want. I've found 3 I really like on Backside Fabrics website. It might be an ennie meenie miney moe choice.

Mike found a box filled with some of my Montessori materials I'd made in the garage yesterday. I was thrilled. I wondered where my botany charts were. I told Jonathan Thursday that I wish I had them. We could have filled the rest of his time with some good old fashioned scavenger hunts.

I better get busy or I won't get finished.

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got up and put a big turkey in the oven. Thought it would be good for this cold rainy/snowy day and the leftover will make great turkey sandwiches. I\ll freeze up the rest to make pot pies out of for this summer when the grands come for a week. Feeding 10 of them is already starting to stress me out as to how I will manage. Can't go to the store with so many kids....I don't have a van!!
    Quilted yesterday. Got the quilt I'm making for DD's birthday half finished. DOing the meandering leaf pattern with connecting threads variegated thread. So far, its looking fabulous.
    Saw that connecting threads had $25 off of a $100 plus 30% off batting. Considering ordering this but I really don't need it right this minute so I am trying to talk myself out of it.

8. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning....We're not going to the apartments today. Jeff is bone tired from his 68-hour week at work plus the weather is brutal. We didn't get snow but we got some ice. Dottie didn't have a good night, so I didn't have one either. Our Girl is declining and it breaks our hearts.

Not sure what tol cook today, but we need something spicy and good. I may tackle some enchiladas....or not.

Blocks for the Sashiko quilt are coming along but slowly. I would love to have them all sewn before we get the Little Girls. They will be a full-time job for me for a while. I adore puppies but they are a lot of work.

I hope everyone has a good day. Kat, have fun at Zeke's party.

Hug all around.....

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We were supposed to be going to an antique and vintage market today but the weather isn't nice. Hubby doesn't want to drive into the city. I am okay with that. If we don't see it we won't want it, right?

I am waiting for word to see if I got a 301 sewing machine in a cabinet. Price $50. My brother is on stand-by to go pick it up.

We have a wake to go to this afternoon. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

12. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is rainy and windy here today. The puppy seems to be on good behavior and is lying next to me chewing on the flap of a M* box. That's fine with me, she doesn't eat the cardboard so I think it is a good chewy. Her little teeth are so sharp! People always talk about puppy teeth being "as sharp as needles" and I always thought it was an exaggeration but now I know it is true! Well she just had an accident so I have to go. I wonder if 3 months is too soon to potty train because we're not having much success so far.

Jeannette

14. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE those pillows!
    Good Morning (or afternoon) all.
    COLD here today. We even got a light dusting of snow last night.
    Had a set of twins born last night in the cold (of course). Boy and girl lambs!
    Fortunately, the sheep don't care much about it being cold (they just don't like to be wet).
    Mom and babies are doing fine. I am about half-way through with lambing --- have about 40 on the ground now. Almost all of the moms had twins and I had three that had triplets. Two moms had singles. I sold a few as bottle babies since I have a waiting list for bottle babies. And, of course, I miss those babies the most. Fortunately, one of the owners send me a follow-up photo of the little guy they got. He's such a sweetheart. Little guy with a huge personality. The husband cuddles up with him while he watches TV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dan.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	151648

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

16. Thanks Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Crafty, what worked for me was taking the puppy out every 2 hours and praising the heck out of anything that happened out there. It seemed that that was successful. Someone with more experience than me can tell if 3 months is too soon. But I know I started early with our little one.Always took her out the same door and with the same instructions. I figured that way she knew where to sit and let me know she had to go. Good luck.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sheep Farmer ~ What a cute little lamb. I don't know if I've seen a black one. We had a neighbor in rural Mich. who used to raise sheep. They all were white ones. That was back in the 1950's. At that time, even though most people had tractors, he still worked his farm with a team of horses.