Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garden Party Tutorial

Was thinking of making the Garden Party quilt. It's in Vol. 1 Issue 1. It list the tutorial as gardenparty. Cannot seem to locate it. I also looked in tutorials 5". Does anyone know if the tutorial is under a different name. It's not all that important but like to watch the tutorials before I start a quilt to pick up any tips and it's just nice to see a visual. Thanks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Garden Party Tutorial

It's the flower garden tutorial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yElxKHl_OQ

For future reference...at the end of garden party, it has a link to the video....

http://shops.missouriquiltco.com/blo...erns-by-issue/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yElxKHl_OQ

It is a different name!!!!

Also, if you were to go to the Missouri Star blog; put the word "garden" in the search box and the quick snip tutorial would be available.
    Last edited by shermur; April 9th, 2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    It's the flower garden tutorial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yElxKHl_OQ

For future reference...at the end of garden party, it has a link to the video....

WE must have been doing it at the same time!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

5. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you guys are sure quick. I was looking forever. Never thought to look in the issue list.

7. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I found it on the M* Youtube channel. It's a darling quilt and really makes good use of charms or scraps.

9. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    Thanks you guys are sure quick. I was looking forever. Never thought to look in the issue list.
    I shouldn't admit this, but yesterday when I was trying to figure out what to do with the Frolic charm packs I flipped through my collection of Blocks. I noticed 2 weren't in the boxes, so I started searching for those two. In the process I found the hour glass pattern that I thought would be nice but I put the magazine down, since I pulled it for a different pattern to start with.

By the time I figured out that the quick hour glass was what I wanted to do, I went back through all of the boxes and magazines hunting for it. It wasn't there! Not in any of those in the boxes, I knew I'd seen it. When I got up off of the floor I looked on the ironing board. There was 1 lonely Block sitting up there. Naturally, that's the one it was in. At least I found it.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    I found it on the M* Youtube channel. It's a darling quilt and really makes good use of charms or scraps.
    Yes it is. Found some pretty material in my stash where the flowers were medium size, yellow, blue, lavender, green leaves, all very light. So I cut the material into 5" squares and just used that. It's really turning out pretty. But I have to admit I really needed to pay attention to the layout. Sewed the squares together and then found the correction sheet. Oh boy then I really got confused. Still not sure I did it right but it sure is turning out pretty. It really is an easy pattern.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    I shouldn't admit this, but yesterday when I was trying to figure out what to do with the Frolic charm packs I flipped through my collection of Blocks. I noticed 2 weren't in the boxes, so I started searching for those two. In the process I found the hour glass pattern that I thought would be nice but I put the magazine down, since I pulled it for a different pattern to start with.

By the time I figured out that the quick hour glass was what I wanted to do, I went back through all of the boxes and magazines hunting for it. It wasn't there! Not in any of those in the boxes, I knew I'd seen it. When I got up off of the floor I looked on the ironing board. There was 1 lonely Block sitting up there. Naturally, that's the one it was in. At least I found it.
    Well I'm glad you found it. I'm still looking for my pattern I started with a kit. Not sure my fault or the pattern but the triangles were cut to small. Ordered more fabric and by the time I got it...bingo the pattern is no where to be found. I think we've all been down the road of where or where?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh talk about mind being somewhere else. I was talking about the falling charms quilt I'm currently working on and wanting to do the Garden Party next. Well at least they are both in the same issue.
    Last edited by Georgie Girl; April 9th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

15. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post