Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone heard of this?

Flairosol Spray Misters?
    Saw this in an email.
    Can be used for more than hairspray. They recommended using your Best Press or spray of choice. The bottle is non-pressurized and refillable and has a fine mist trigger sprayer. It can be used at any angle.

Interesting......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M6liQI13QWM

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has anyone heard of this?

Never heard of this but I do sometimes put my BestPress in a fine mist pump sprayer I had left over from my Bath & Body making days. The fine spray (on a smaller bottle) works well for me when I'm working with flying geese or half square triangles and the mini iron.

Looks like this would be good for a wider coverage area like yardage. Maybe someone should get one to see if there would be too much overspray when working with 10" blocks. I'm satisfied with my pump for small and the sprayer that comes with BestPress for larger areas.

Edit to add: IMO $6 for a sprayer is a bit much.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; April 6th, 2018 at 07:34 AM.

3. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, that's why I was wondering what y'all thought......was it worth it? I had never heard of it before.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That was a pretty dramatic ad for a sprayer. lol

Lorie

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Found it at a packaging supply place for $4.15ea and $2.90 shipping with two 5* reviews.

8. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have one. While at a quilt expo last year with Bubba, we each bought one. Works great with water or Best Press (haven't tried it with anything else). It will shoot out a very fine mist quite a distance, so I did have to train myself not to pull the trigger all the way, otherwise I was spraying Best Press not only on my fabric, but also on the wall, floor, and any other surface near the ironing board.

I buy my Best Press by the gallon, and have gone thru about half a gallon with this sprayer, and no clogging of the nozzle either, although I did run water thru it once just to be sure to keep it clean.

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have some I bought a couple years ago at walmart for $2.49, very fine mist and I have used them with starch and various cleaners. They hold up well.

12. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like the one Margaret Leuwen uses (Miss Marker's Quilts) on her YouTube videos. She has the Oliso iron and says she has never put a drop of water in it, instead opting to spray a fine mist on the fabric to keep the iron in top condition.

14. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Have one. While at a quilt expo last year with Bubba, we each bought one. Works great with water or Best Press (haven't tried it with anything else). It will shoot out a very fine mist quite a distance, so I did have to train myself not to pull the trigger all the way, otherwise I was spraying Best Press not only on my fabric, but also on the wall, floor, and any other surface near the ironing board.

I buy my Best Press by the gallon, and have gone thru about half a gallon with this sprayer, and no clogging of the nozzle either, although I did run water thru it once just to be sure to keep it clean.
    Funny.....I bought one with you, and they match!! Every time I use it I think of you

And yes, they work wonderfully.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

16. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post