Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday it is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08de21bdcd1716ef0083904841af03dc--sewing-humor-sewing-quotes.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	151592

I think I need fabric therapy. I think Bonnie and I are going to have a little shop hop of our own before she has surgery. Our birthdays are two weeks apart and she will be down for hers so I suggested we do something together this year.

Good morning friends. Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I decided to make my sister-in-law a tote bag and I am using fabric left over from HER placemats that I made either last year or the year before. In any case, I was working along when I got a phone call to work the afternoon. So, work I did and goodness was it busy. My legs just can't take it anymore. They were so sore. BUT I will survive.

Hubby is off to his monthly meeting with the diabetic nurse. So I am free for a couple of hours at least. OH What to do with myself? I can think of a few things.

Phil told me that Maizyn got her package yesterday and was wearing the dress I made her. He said she loved it and all the rest I sent with it.

This weekend is an Antique and Vintage Market in Ottawa that we will attend, just not sure what day. That's my big weekend.

Anywho, have a great weekend everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday it is

Good morning. Here we are at Friday already. This week zoomed by. Lots accomplished at work though and a bit at home too so it was a productive week.

Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend just yet. There will be sewing for sure as I just got an order for 36! burp cloths. Plus I have another order for a baby shower that includes 15 burp cloths and some bibs. There may also be a trip over to my sister's to check on her plants, mail, etc. She and her hubby Larry flew down to the Atlanta area because my bil's brother was recently diagnosed with esophagial cancer that had also metastasized to his liver. Well they were supposed to come home tomorrow but late last night Larrys brother was admitted to the hospital. Seems he is extremely anemic and needs blood transfusions. Plus he hasn't been eating and is also dehydrated. They are not sure when they will come home now. So sad.

Monique,I read your post about that young man in Canada who died. What a brave person he was. I will keep his family in my prayers.

We had some nice sunshine yesterday which made me smile but the reality of it outside wasn't quite as welcoming. It was very windy and cold. Brrrr. Tomorrow doesn't look too nice weatherwise - there may be snow in the mix. I'll have my sewing to keep me busy and our contractor may be coming over to talk about some new windows in our bedroom and a new door.

Well, off to work I go. Happy Friday all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

3. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was interesting. After J left from home school, I vegetated. I did manage to get the charm cut to finish up the piano key border, but I just couldn't motivate myself to go in there and work on it.

Mike didn't work over for hours yesterday, but he did have to wait for the guy to replace him to show up. He was home about an hour later than I expected. We had Grandma Mac's Chicken and Dressing casserole. We'll be eating on it for a couple of day, or at least I will. Maybe some of it will find it's way into the freezer for later.

I'm finally able to sit with the front door open. The storm door is up, I know it's not right, but it's closer than it was. I think I finally convinced Mike the two long pieces of stripping were supposed to be glued up, but the smarty pants kids threw them away ages ago. I might call the company and see if I can get them to send me a set.

Zeke turns 2 this weekend. I have no idea what the plans are for his birthday... I don't know if his parents know what the plans are for his birthday.

Best get started on something.

Prayers for those in need and for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning....I was up most of the night with what I think is a touch of the stomach flu. Dottie was such a sweetie to keep me company.

We are supposed to get another blast of winter tonight and tomorrow with possible ice and up to two inches of snow. Just when you thing Spring is Springing.....

Jeff has to work a long day and possible a double shift today. He has had a rough week for sure.

I'm off to take a little nap. Have a wonderful day everyone....

7. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Still dark out, but we are supposed to get rain & maybe some snow today. It's going to be mighty cold for those attending the home season opener of the Rockies. We had 74 deg. yest. I doubt the snow will stick, even if we get some.

I'm plugging away at the FMQ on the Bordered 9-P. I put in 40 min. yest. When using the rulers, that's about all I can do at one sitting. I am making slow but sure progress.

Monique, visiting the quilt stores & getting some fabric therapy sounds like some great girl time together. I hope all goes well with Bonnie's upcoming surgery.

Yest. I baked DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread. There is no cooking/baking on today's agenda. I do need to give DH a hair cut this afternoon. Maybe I can get in some good sewing time. When my hands tire from FMQ, I switch to piecing.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

9. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique & all that follow.

Well I can't offer a good suggestion for your sore legs, except put them up tonight. There is a Poker a Run Shop Hop starting tomorrow for 2 weeks. You can pick up the passport, which lists all the participating stores. I always keep that in the car, in case I need to feed into GPS. There seems to be more this year. In any case, you have lots of options. I am thinking of asking my friend Pat if she wants to come. She doesn't quilt, but we need to find the backing for her quilt top.

This morning the painter will finish the upstairs bathroom. It was used by my step son when he lived with us. We had to have the vanity refinished, the ceramic floor replaced. He would not dry off the floor properly or use the fan to clear humidity. There was mould under the floor and ceiling in bathtub. He also took 40 minute showers. We pay for water. Our bill went from an average $225 to about $80 when we moved him out. Our other utilities also dropped. That will be it for indoor painting. Then to get workers lined up - an electrician, a fence guy, a siding guy, and need a few window--/patio door replaced.

I drove DH to work yesterday. I went to Costco and Walmart in Kanata, and they were almost empty, so I was done quickly. If I go to the ones in our area, they are always packed. Maybe more people are retired here. I resisted going to fabric stores.

Today, I will drive DH to physio. Maybe make some crustless quiche to freeze. I plan on playing in the quilt zone. There are projects to keep me busy.

It's colder than usual, but sunny this morning. Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

11. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Not much on my agenda today. Waiting for the fence man to come and give an estimate on my fence repair. My neighbor skidded on ice in her driveway afew snows back and went through our fence. Took out two sections and the posts. Hoping they can match up to what is there.

Didn't get much done i the way of cleaning the sewing room, shame on me. I go up there with good intentions then come across something that catches my fancy and I'm off in a different direction. Does that happen to anyone else?

Weather does not look very warm outside, no sun and possibility of more snow this weekend. Seems spring just isn't ready to Grace us with her presence.

Well off to start my chores sooner I start sooner they're done!
    Last edited by Cathy F; April 6th, 2018 at 10:09 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

13. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

:Yesterday I got 3 shriner quilts FMQ'd. I still have a pile of them I was so bored with the cathedral windows I just put them aside for a few days and thought I would try to get some of the UFO Shriners stuff out of the UFO chair and into the finished one.
    Its not as cold this morning as yesterday and the sun is still shining so maybe a good day before the rain comes this afternoon. I heard that the weather is frightful up north.
    Baby DD is working on her storage shed. We helped her get the floor squared and three walls built and she is putting on the siding and building the roof and other wall. She sent pictures last night. Its coming on good. Amazing though, she is painting every piece before she assembles it. She is approaching the construction like a quilt. I'm pretty proud of her for tacking this project. Her DH is making her angry that he won't even try to help...says he doesn't know how...so she and the 11 yr old are learning a new skill.
    DH is still working on cleaning the garage. This man has never had an organizational bone in his body and since we have retired, he seems to have decided that putting things in their place might be a good idea. Makes me smile.

15. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!
    I snuck in here while DH is home to watch the puppy. It is POURING rain. That means the puppy will not get to play outdoors today. Although she doesn't mind the rain, she has already been out to do her business. I need to find a rhythm/routine with her and then I can get back to work on my hexie quilt. Have a wonderful day!

Jeannette

17. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having quite the busy day today. I decided to stop at the dog shelter today, so I stayed did some laundry and cleaning down there. Then my friend cut my hair when we were done. I love it! She does such a nice job. Then we went out to lunch . I'm wiped out now and just got back. Carlie totally checked me out when I got in the house. She knows I've been "cheating" on her :-). Yesterday I did get a chance to make that Irish Soda Bread I've been meaning to do. I'm so happy it did turn out nice.

So off to bed, a little reading and a nice long nap. It was a happy day.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

19. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post