Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Middle of the Week and all is fine?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29597500_2156841291009630_852603440813352615_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	151534

Hello Folksies -

Wellsir, it is Wednesday. A lot of peoples just love Wednesday because it is the middle of their work week. They can see both sides of the week from there. Do I love Wednesday? Love may be a bit strong a word for me to use for this particular day of the week. I have no real favorite. Generally as the day progresses and the coffee is refilled, I like the day better. That being said, I do have to work this morning.

My DIL had another infusion for her MS yesterday. This new med holds great promise. The infusion wears her out and in a day or two she will have some more gumption. Kinda sorta like a chemo feeling for those who have had chemo. So, the baby boys and I enjoyed each other all day. Little Ethan at 6 months is cracking me up. I wish I was a brilliant videographer (heckfire, shoot - I'd take photographer) because it is Hiliarious to witness this:
    At breakfast, lunch or dinner - take your pick - when big brother Eli is in his high chair and food is being placed on his tray, Ethan is usually in his bouncer. With each and every mouthful of food Eli takes, Ethan hollers out. It's like he is saying, What? I only get a bottle and jar food! Feed me! It can be quite rowdy. I believe that Ethan will be able to hold his own with his big brother when he gets bigger. lol. I cannot do justice to this scene but it plays out daily now for the past week. Too stinking cute.

I have so many other chores so to speak to run and take care of this week that I am already pooped. Like I said on Monday, I will try to peek back in - no guarantees. The weather here? It has been mostly pleasant almost springlike. I have heard a few rude people on the tv say that 4 letter word for this weekend but I am unafraid. I hold the calendar and know that winter's days are truly numbered. I feel badly for all the people in the Midwest area that have been hit with the most recent horrid weather. Stay safe!

Be sure to be kind not only to others but to yourself. And don't forget to SMILE. It can change your entire day and is the one thing you can give to everyone! Plus, it doesn't cost a cent!

Name:	158dbb3f3583f47b9f7e31fd9c872670.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	151535

Last edited by Blondie; April 4th, 2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Middle of the Week and all is fine?

Good morning everyone. We got the dreaded "S" word, about 6 inches or so. UGH!!!!!! And here I thought Spring was coming.

So today is a stay in kind of day. I did get the placemats finished yesterday. Mailed Maizyn's parcel to her, she will be excited. Not much else happening today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

3. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so NOT a morning person (and I'm a farmer), but I've been up since 4am (couldn't sleep), so I actually had the pleasure of reading your post IN THE MORNING.

LOL

Name:	goodmorning15.gif 
Views:	20 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	151536

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

5. Thanks sewbizzy, Claire Hallman, Carolnnc, Blondie, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Farmer View Post
    I am so NOT a morning person (and I'm a farmer), but I've been up since 4am (couldn't sleep), so I actually had the pleasure of reading your post IN THE MORNING.

LOL

Name:	goodmorning15.gif 
Views:	20 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	151536
    And I am sooooo glad to see you. I have missed you!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It was pretty yesterday. The advantage of Mike working opening instead of closing, I might actually get to go somewhere in the afternoon. Today, he wants to sleep in. I don't blame him. From this point on it's yo yo times. Open, close, open, close. It's hard on him when they can't leave until everything is cleaned up and then he has to leave here by eight. With his sleep issues, he has a hard time winding down to get to sleep. My night owl doesn't do well first thing in the morning, never has.

My packages from M* that were supposed to be here yesterday and today both arrived yesterday by the Mom's favorite visitor the UPS (or as she would call it the QVC) truck. I haven't jumped on the QVC bandwagon so I don't see it as often as she did, but I love it when it brings my packages from M* right to my front door. Now if they'd just ring the bell when they get here.

Family dinner tonight, roast beef and something to go with. Right now, I have no clue. DIL is on low carb, so probably need to get some faux potatoes and green beans always go over well with the kids. They'll want dessert, so pound cake from the freezer will fit that bill.

I'm excited to go back to my sticks and stones, but it will have to wait until after home school tomorrow. Then comes the big decisions, where to get it quilted. There isn't anywhere close, the LQS are all on the other side of town. I'll call a couple DH and I found last fall and see what the best option is.

I hope everyone has a great day and weather worries turn out to be small.

Prayers for those in need for peace, strength, and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ~ As you may know, I'm always up at 5 a.m. every day of the week since I am caregiver for DH. No sleeping in at this house. I'll be a little sore today as I had a much needed massage yest. afternoon.

Sheep Farmer ~ good to hear from you. Loved the animated pic! Blondie ~ Sure wish we could have enjoyed grandchildren when they were young. No family lives in our state; they're spread from the E. to the W. coasts. Seldom get to see them.

The only sewing I did yest. was ~30 min. of FMQ. I changed the bed, did laundry, aired the pillows outside in the sun. Our lawn service came by to do the spring clean up. Two guys were here 2 hrs. The yard looks nice. If we don't get some moisture soon, I'll have to drag out the hoses & start watering. It's too soon to turn on the sprinkler system, which we usually do the first week of May.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. I don't need to run any errands so I'll come right home. Maybe I can get some sewing done. Yest. I ordered 2 yds. of Vanilla Grunge fabric from Jordan Fabrics. It should come yet this week.

Have a good day.

9. Thanks sewbizzy, Carolnnc, Blondie, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

It's bitter cold today. Sure glad I did all my running yesterday. Dottie will sleep most of the day after going to the groomer yesterday. Dottie was "difficult" to groom yesterday but she sure looks beautiful.

Jeff and I have been playing the Name Game and we have decided our new Girls will be named Sugar and Maggie. Thanks for all the nice words and encouragement about the pups . Most of the time I'm thrilled and then I wonder if we're crazy!

Blondie, I hope Billie does well with her infusion. I can't imagine having two small ones and MS. You are an immense blessing to her and your Grandboys.

I'm planning to hibernate today and tomorrow I need to clean and do some baking.

Wishing everyone a grand Wednesday....Hugs.

11. Thanks sewbizzy, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.
    Days of the week don't really mean too much since retirement. But I really feel for my working friends and family today. Last night, like Monique said, we got snow, not as much as her but a good 2". Top that with freezing rain all night and fierce winds, I felt like I was visiting DH's family in Kansas. Michael wanted me to drive him to work today, but with bad roads, and risk of slipping again he is not going in. Monday, he bent over to reach something from a low kitchen drawer and lost his balance. He twisted his back again and had been in pain. Luckily yesterday he had an appointment with the osteopath, and it helped him a lot. He is really scared of messing up his back any more than it is. It will be a long recovery.

With all these back issues and my shoulder issue, we have decided that since we love our home, and will not move, we will get work that needs to be done, by check (cheque - CDN). Yesterday, I had a cleaning lady do the house. I think she under estimated how much time she would need. She does all the floors on her knees, humongous knee pads. We have no carpets anywhere except for front & back door runner. I think next time, I will ask her to skip the basement, and just do the stairs going down and the bathroom. I prefer that she focus on the main living area, as this is also where our two cats tend to live. They were surprisingly curious and would go into a room after she was done, and sniff around.

I am waiting for a package from M*, but I need to be more patient. From the time I order to the time it leaves the facility is one week, then it can take up to a week to cross border, and customs. Sometimes, the guy rings the bell and drops at the door. Other times, it's in the drop box at postal box centre. We don't have door to door mail deliver in new developments. There are mailboxes on each street for about 30 houses. So it's a daily short walk. Many older people have complained, as they wanted to stop door-to-door delivery in areas that were grandfathered. I could see that as an issue, since they also probably still receive paper bills. I love to get mail, and miss the day when I used to get cards and letters from friends. Now it's electronic. Seems less personal, but with the fast pace of life, I guess it has to be accepted.

Sending good wishes for a happy hump day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone!

I woke up at 3:30am. Ugh.. The temp seems to be dropping some. I am ready for normal weather! Warm one day cold the next.

SL went out of town yesterday, but his client couldn't make the appointment. I am in limbo waiting to see if he reschedules it for today and I have to pick up the grands after school.

I ordered the daily deal last weekend and its still processing. I shouldn't have ordered yardage, but I like to get a matching border and the binding for precuts when I order them. I am hoping that they don't run out of the DD before they cut my yardage.

My brother in-law is in the hospital in Huntsville with a long list of illnesses from cancer to a brain tumor. Please add him to your prayers. My sister in-law doesn't say it but I can tell this time she is really worried. Geez it stinks getting old.

Have a great Wednesday!
    Last edited by TMP; April 4th, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful warm day here & everything is covered in yellow pollen. Hopefully we'll get a little shower this afternoon to wash the yellow yuck away.

I had to start the allergy meds & then realized I needed my asthma meds too. Yesterday DH said, "you are barking like a seal." My response was, "I love you too & I can't breathe." When you spend your whole adult life with someone I think you point out the obvious more often than you should.

I realized this morning as I was taking down my Easter decorations that I won't be putting up anymore decorations here at my home. We purchased the house in 2007 & it was the our first house & a brand new house. We knew we'd only be here until we retired but it's hard to know that we won't be able to buy another new house. We had always rented someone's grandparents old home & now we will go back to that but we'll be buying grannies old house. It will be an interesting journey.

Today is errand day so I'd best get moving!

Have a great day.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Star lover thanked for this post