Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Saturday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunny Saturday

Good morning everyone,
    Tell me I'm not the only one sitting on iPad enjoying a second cup of coffee? It's one of those days where I would want to just quilt, but that's not going to happen.

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I went to see the presentation and talk by Tula Pink and she signed our quilts made with her fabric. Her sample quilts from her trunk show are a thousand times better in person. The quilting done by Angela Walters is absolutely stunning. Photos don't really do it justice. We were encouraged to touch and fondle them. She is an amazing young woman, and did not trip into this industry by happenstance. She has skills and background, and I can see that one day her fabrics will be up there with William Morris and Escher designs. I could feel guilty but I know my mom was at Good Friday service for all of us.

Today, I will wrap up gifts for GKs, no chocolates. We will go with step son & family to buffet restaurant. Tomorrow we will go with my DD and family at my mom's residence for brunch. There's a new restaurant there and the food is amazing. No cooking for us this Easter, with DH back issues.

Have a good day as I am certain many are getting ready for Easter celebration.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunny Saturday

Good Morning ~ I was just browsing to see if anyone started a thread for today. I checked in before 6 a.m., but didn't really have time to post then. It's sunny here, too. The 50's are expected today. Yest. it got up to 70 deg. & was very nice.

Yest. I spent considerable time sorting through my plastic shoe boxes of scraps, getting them organized to give away scraps. I also sorted through my FQs & yardage to see what I could part with. I'm one of those who has more fabric stash than I ever will use up in my lifetime! Might as well part with it some of it now for a good cause rather than hoarding it. I also waxed both my Sew Steady Extension Table & LA table, cleaned the quilting mach., changed the needle, & did some practice FMQ. I decided to go with Glide thread (trilobal polyester) on this quilt, so that always means a big adjustment to the bobbin tension. I may have to make another practice block, since I've already filled this one & I haven't quite decided which FMQ design(s) to use. For practice sandwiches, I piece together left over batting which has been trimmed from prior quilt edges. I also mach. basted the perimeter of the sandwiched quilt. I was so tired & sore yest. a.m. from all the crawling around on the floor the night before while pin basting that quilt! I think my future quilts will be no larger than 40 x 60", so I can sandwich them on the fam. rm. floor, which has more padding & it's easier to poke the pins into the carpeting.

I frequently check several of my favorite bloggers to get FMQ ideas & just enjoy the beautiful work others do. One of my favorites is Tamarack Shack. Check out her recent pictures of the beautiful star quilt & the way she quilted it.

We will not be eating anything special for Easter. DH eats the same foods every day regardless of holidays. Boring, but it's what he can tolerate with all of his food allergies. I haven't decided yet what I'll have. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, grandma nurse thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

It's still pretty cloudy here today, but the rain has moved off. With all of the raining time we had yesterday, it was less than 1/2" total. I think we got more than that here, but it was a slow soaking rain anyway.

I finished up the crown quilt table runner (another post). Mike got home around 11:30 last night and had to be in at 90 this morning. His alarm went off at 7 and then several more times. He was up by 7:30 and fell asleep in the recliner before he had to leave at 8. I guess it's a good thing I was around to wake him back up. I personally think it stinks that they'll keep him an hour and a half after his leaving time when he has to be back first thing in the morning, but it's not my place to say anything. Tomorrow they have him working from opening until close. So, at least he'll be making good money.

My DIL's grandparents are hosting Easter dinner around 5 tomorrow. Mike will miss that, too. Morgan will make it before she has to go to work. Hopefully the Easter Bunny won't bring her lots of too much candy tummy aches to the ER.

Zeke went to the ER yesterday morning. Not sure what he did, but he sprained his foot. At least there's no infection or breaks.

I guess the oldest will be here for a while this afternoon. DS #1 needs to get the papers graded that he was planning to do yesterday while they were spending time in the ER. He's lucky he has Great Grandparents and parents that will pitch in when he needs help. It's going to cost him though... a dozen eggs. I volunteered to take Deviled Eggs tomorrow and didn't think to look and see how many eggs I had in the fridge.

There's a potluck breakfast at church in the morning while the kids are zooming around looking for Easter Eggs then we'll have church service. No Sunday School in the morning.

Prayers for Gabe and our friends that haven't been able to be with us. Their needs are many and our prayers can help. Prayers for healing, strength, and hope. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a little bit of a meandering day too. JCY I did a little bit of fabric cleaning up too in my sewing room. I'm pretty much between projects so my mind is in a creative rest at the moment.

Our traditional Easter dinners didn't really contain any of my favorites, except maybe the scallop potatoes so now being alone I pretty much make it a any comfort food I want day. Every year I do order two chocolate/peanut butter eggs from the local 4-H group. They came yesterday! I think they whip the peanut butter in it and it just melts in your mouth. It's a great recipe they do!

It's a little nippy and damp today but I'll take it over the real winter weather :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned house this morning. My sis and her husband and grown son will be here in a few minutes. First time they have seen the RV. The guys have to pull the frig out to put a new cooling unit in it. I've been without a frig for about 3 weeks. Luckily the guys are handy.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to eat those choc. Easter bunnies, but I don't dare these days with my Type 2 Diabetes. I treat myself to sugar free chocolates made with stevia.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JCY did you know that you can purchase stevia plants on line to grow in your garden? They're not hard to grow. I did it one year, dried it then ground it for use in the winter in my coffee.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Amish country to the bulk food store and picked up some things. The guys decided they want to cook on the grill tomorrow and I have hamburgers in the freezer so that's what we're having. I got all the fixin's and some salads to go with them. Since it's just the three of us we usually keep things pretty simple any more. Getting ready to watch the baseball game in a few minutes and probably throw in a load or two of laundry tonight. Nothing too exciting at our house. DH said he's worn out after going out today - his outings mostly consist of doctor's appointments these days, but he did walk through the store and pick out a few things that looked good to him. It started out sunny and warm but now it's cooling off and getting windy. Hope everyone has a good Saturday and a blessed Easter tomorrow.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carlie, I buy the powdered stevia at my local natural grocers to use in my coffee or anything that needs sweetening. I seldom have time for gardening now.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I'd love to eat those choc. Easter bunnies, but I don't dare these days with my Type 2 Diabetes. I treat myself to sugar free chocolates made with stevia.
    Our favorite chocolate store, all hand made, has a huge selection of sugar free chocolates. I have bought some when they don't have them in regular, and there is no difference. So now I buy those instead. I discovered Stevia about 20 years ago and a great natural replacement for sugar.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.