Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tula Pink signed my quilt

Good morning,
    Yesterday I attended a presentation/talk by Tula Pink. My friend and I both made a quilt with her fabric lines, so we brought it along in the hope that she would sign them. Before the talk, she was checking her audio/visual and also took the time to walk around. So we went up to her, shook her hand and asked if she would sign our quilts after the talk. Absolutely. We were thrilled. My friend joked and said she would not wash her hand. We were like giddy teenagers in awe of this woman. She is very down to earth, approachable and funny. She is quirky like her fabrics, but crafted and designed with precision and skill. Her mom, who is her manager of sorts, was also there. Her brother also works for/with her, but not sure if he was there.

When I first bought the Chipper layer cake, I was attracted to the colours, but realized the designs were out of my comfort zone. So I made a very traditional pinwheel quilt, and tried to tone it with a charcoal solid sashing and border. I also was inspired by Angela Walters quilting and tried my hand using some of her techniques for FMQ and rulers. It is one of my favorites. It may not be everyone's taste, but I know someday someone will want it. It is interesting that when I made my quilt, i used 2 layers of batting. She uses two layers in all of hers. Interesting.

Well, as she says, she is shameless and will sign just about anything. I had her sign my quilt, which she did in PINk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	151447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	151448

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tula Pink signed my quilt

I'm so excited for you. What an honor to have your quilt signed!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, indeed!!
    Happy Quilting!

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When Angela Walters spoke at our guild last year, I had her autograph one of her books, which I already had. I took her class. She's a lot of fun & very down to earth. I know she does quilting on some of Tula's quilts. I think Angela also uses 2 layers of batting sometimes. Your quilt is very pretty.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love Tula. Lucky you
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    When Angela Walters spoke at our guild last year, I had her autograph one of her books, which I already had. I took her class. She's a lot of fun & very down to earth. I know she does quilting on some of Tula's quilts. I think Angela also uses 2 layers of batting sometimes. Your quilt is very pretty.
    Thank you Joy. I would love to meet Angela one day also. She was at an event last year about a 5 hour drive from here. I couldn't go as we had a commitment that weekend.

Tula said that Angela has quilted all of her quilts, except one which was done by a well-known Canadian. I think Angela share a special quirkiness and work/collaborate well together, and they are not far from each other. Angela does use two layers of batting in Tula's quilts as they need to stand up to travel and hanging. They are by no means stiff.

It is my hope that if we ever go visit DH family in Wichita, we would go to MSQC and Angela's shop. Such talent out of MO.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How cool is that! A treasure forever. Yes, Angela does share some of that quirkiness. Although I must say, that all the quilt instructors I have met all have that same desire to share their knowledge with others, and are so encouraging to those of us starting our journeys

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What fun! And your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

She hugged me when I first met her. She also walked outside with me and my DH to show us where the tea shop is. Another lady working there was also super nice.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun time! The fabric in your quilt and quilting are both beautiful. Having her sign it in pink oh wow!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post