• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Well he finally did it

Tent man (aka DH) pulled a War Of The Roses. He split the house in half by putting up a wall though the hallway. He took three bedrooms and two baths and seven closets (all). I was most mad at the closets. lol He does't own anything. I left him a bed and a shower curtain.

I know most of you said to file, but I have no childhood family and my kids live here so I'm sorta stuck. I did get the better half. Kitchen, laundry room and huge covered porch front to the street and oh yea all the windows and sun instead of the back. I still have a full bath.That's a good thing.

Anyway, I found out he is sick and has to go for a liver biopsy next tues. I knew something was going on and he finally spilled it. I don't want to put the kids though a divorce right now. It would be cruel.

Well that's my news that has happened this year. Haven't stitched in two. Thought I would throw that in since it's a sewing forum. lol

🌺 Lorie
  • grammaterry
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Re: Well he finally did it

Ah Lori, so sad...we loved them once so we can't really stop that part, we just fall out of like. Sorry he is sick but don't let that play too hard on your sympathy...take care of your own mental state.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

What's going to prevent him from taking another part next week?
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• auntstuff
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2017

That would be about all the mental abuse I could put up with. And yes, that IS what it is.
        She who dies with the most quilts is......
        Still dead.
        What's your hurry?

Comment

• cv quilter
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Lorie,, I'm blown away and without helping words. Truly sorry for you and for your situation. And for your DH.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Angelia
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2013

I'm sorry you have to go through this--I'm thinking a divorce would be easier for your kids (and for you) than watching him do this to you. (Only my opinion--I know that situations are much more complex than they may appear.)
            Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

• JCY
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2013

So sorry. May God give you strength for each day.

Comment

• DeniseSm
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2013

If your spouse runs up a huge medical bill, they can come after you for all of it. If your ex runs up a huge medical bill, you don't owe a dime.

You need to see an attorneyright now Stop fooling around and take care of yourself
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                  If your spouse runs up a huge medical bill, they can come after you for all of it. If your ex runs up a huge medical bill, you don't owe a dime.

You need to see an attorneyright now Stop fooling around and take care of yourself
                  I was thinking of that and talked to my step dd about that (very supportive) when some one dies you are responsible for all the bills. When my auntie passed (last member of my family) I had to pay for every thing, but she gifted me with her house in Calif and I'm renting it out. He is super pissed about that.

He's been out there for 7 1/2 years. He can live here, but yea, I need to get out of the marriage thing. Thanks
                  Last edited by Hulamoon; March 29, 2018, 08:48 PM.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• KarenC
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2015

Praying for you. I would think pretty hard about Denise's message. When I went through my "D", the attorney said assets were determined on the day we filed or he moved out. Rules are different from state to state. You have dealt with more than I could handle. Bless you.
                    Karen
                    Spring, TX

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2015

All great advice. Go, Run to a lawyer. You need to protect what you have, at all costs. Try to be civil, as you do have kids, and this can be difficult for them.
                      I find it funny that he would physically slit the house, but that does happen. My friend tells of a house on Prince Edward Island that would chain sawed in half. The husband was upset that the judge ordered hi to give his wife half the house and all they owned. When she was at work, he took a chair saw to all the furniture, everything, including the house. Since he lived in the country the neighbours did not see to call the cops. It was a court case for years. The house was eventually thorn down, and neither had anything in the end.

Divorce can be bitter, but sometimes unavoidable. Sending you strength, patience and courage to go through this.
                      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2018

gosh building control would be quite upset over here, if did those changes without consultation , the insurance company may not cover you now. perhaps this house conversion may give you ' listed reason' for speedy divorce with the judge, (mentally insane springs to mind). sending virtual hugs cuppas and other much needed beverage.
                        🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

• MaggieSue
                          Missouri Star
                          • Sep 2015

I whole heartily agree with Denise. Please think about protecting yourself, mentally, emotionally, and financially!

Comment

• Heather

Wow. Just wow. Good luck Lorie, I hope you get that attorney soon. The kids will survive.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2013

Oh Lorie I always thought your relationship with your almost-ex was pretty crazy but this proves it. I think you are a saint for allowing him the slack to get away with this because you know he has medical issues. You are gonna get advice from all over. Go with your gut, do what you think is best for your family, and good luck.
                              Jocelyn
                              South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X