Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Palm Sunday Morning Greetings

Good Morning ~ It will be church this a.m. Hopefully this afternoon there will be time for sewing. I'm still working on the 1/4 Log Cabin blocks. I had ~1 hr. yest. afternoon to work on them. I have pieces left over that will work for another project. Lots of 2.5" squares & 2.5 x 4.5" pieces. I've been trying to think of a pattern in which to use them. I'm sure I can come up with something.

Yest. it was 74 deg. It was sunny most of the day, but clouded up in afternoon. We might get some rain this eve. into tomorrow a.m. I didn't sleep as well last night. It might be the change in the barometric pressure.

I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Palm Sunday Morning Greetings

Wishing everyone a Blessed Palm Sunday.

It is hard to believe Easter is here. Summer is approaching much too fast. It will be here soon.
    Donna

4. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing everyone a blessed Palm Sunday. We won't be able to make it to church today.

I hurt my back working at the apartments yesterday. Hopefully a day or so of rest and I will be good to go again. Dottie is still in bed and Jeff is hurting like a Big Dog. He wanted to work in the yard today but has changed his mind.

Have a peaceful day everyone.

6. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to all!! It looks like it rained here last night and I welcome that to get rid of some of this awful green dust pollen. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and sunshine.

8. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All.
    Bubby, rest that back and get better soon and while not hurting like a big dog, I feel for Jeff. My son helped me paint a bedroom yesterday and doesn't take much movement to have a muscle scream at me. STOP moving. So I think more cleaning/painting of that empty house is just going to have to wait a little longer. Down the hall I will be going to do some sewing today, I feel I have earned it. Hugs to all!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies.
    It does feel like the day after a party. A kid's birthday party does both of us in for awhile. I think this will be one of the last all-family & kids parties. There are just too many and noisy. So starting with the oldest grand-daughter who turns 6 in April, and grandson who will be five in May. Both DD and DDIL have decided to host kid's friends and young cousins only at off-site places with activities organized by someone else. Grandparents are off the hook for these parties, but expected to have a meal and gift separately. We shall see. We might just hold a birthday dinner every 6 weeks for all who have a birthday in that month. This means that I will be able to go to 3 day retreat which always happens on GD birthday in Nov.

Easter will be different this year. We will go to restaurant with SS & family on Saturday night, and brunch at my mom's residence with DD and family. Mom will be pleased to see the GGKs. DH is not feeling good today, but that was expected. So it's a stay-in day. He is expected to go to work tomorrow. Since he can't drive, I will go with him and bring some hand sewing of the binding on a quilt.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think we did the GC birthdays once or twice and decided not to do it. We don't even give them gifts on their birthdays which sometimes seems very bad but there are 19 of them and trying to remember just to call and wish them happy is all we can do. I do still give them Christmas gifts. THe parties have become so extravagant for most kids and I wonder if it really is a good thing. We didn't do it for our children so I guess they feel they missed something...
    Didn't sew yesterday. Went into town and bought paint on ACE hardwares buy one get one sale. Got ceiling white and a muslin wrap for the living room. Still up to my old conservative picks. It is just too much work to go bold and regret it. Had lunch with a Shriner and dropped off the 33 quilts I have finished. He was sooooo excited. He and his fiancé are making plans for selling them.
    Overcast and rainy here. I think its going to be rainy all week. Appropo for the season.

14. Thanks Carolnnc, toggpine, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

' Morning all,

It's gloomy and blustery here. Further south (Fargo area) they are getting some snow and ice, but I think we dodged the bullet.

We've had 3 of our grandkids with us since Thursday afternoon. It's been BUSY! It seems the older I get, it's harder to tolerate the noise and bickering that come with an 11 year old, 8 year old, and 5 year old. Their folks will be back by suppertime today, and as my DH said, it will be nice to get back to normal. Kids are so different now from when we raised ours. I saw that over the 38 years I taught elementary school. I love my GKs, but I like them in "smaller doses". :-) We were going to attend church this morning, but after taking them to a movie last evening and doing some WalMart shopping for necessities, and finally getting home around 90, the kids and I slept in until 8 this morning.....too late to get everyone ready for 90 church.

Needless to say, I haven't been in my sewing room for a few days. I hope everyone has a restful day. I know I'll be vegging out this evening!

Jeanne

16. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Went into town and bought paint on ACE hardwares buy one get one sale. Got ceiling white and a muslin wrap for the living room. Still up to my old conservative picks. It is just too much work to go bold and regret it.
    I like the more subtle wall colors myself, but we have a really open floorplan. I have to keep in mind how the colors will look when viewed from different vantage points. I love the samples you can buy now. Then I can test drive the color before I commit to the whole wall.
    I'm set to finish the kitchen ceiling today and possibly get the blue on the wall with the sink. My sister bought me a sample of the tile for my back splash! It's sooo pretty!

I actually got some sewing done this week! I have a bunch of cutting to do now before the next big project comes on. I also have to get the stuff staged up for the after school sewing class that starts on Thursday!
    Oh yeah, we have the extended family coming to the farm for Easter, and I agreed to help with an Easter meal for the family of our student who suffered a seizure and drown in our local Y pool last week. I got stuff two DO! I had better finish my last slurp of coffee and get going. (I did enjoy my first sleep in/semi-lazy morning in about a month though!)

Hugs to all of my Quilty friends! I hope you see some signs of spring in your neck of the woods! Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

18. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon,

Church was interesting today. The Sunday School hour we've done a series on bioethics. Today was the last of the series discussing Crispr research and possible implications. Some areas, it opens the door of hope of those suffering with diseases like sickle cell anemia, Muscular Dystrophy. Our discussion turned more to what ripple affect will happen with this technology. China is already doing research in using this technology with cancer patients. Hope? Potential Bio warfare? It's really interesting hearing what the people thought. I told my son when they brought up using pigs to create 'human transplant organs', my mind went straight to bacon. Geez, I ate breakfast before church, I shouldn't be thinking about those little piggies growing human heart valves... could we still have the bacon, or would that be cannibalism since they human DNA has been spliced in?

Anyway, we continued the book of Exodus during the morning service. It still seems strange that nothing was said about Palm Sunday with the adults. I asked about service on Thursday night- they don't do that. But they do have a Friday night service. I'm confused but guess it's what works for them. Next Sun. they'll have a pot luck breakfast, so I need to figure out something to take for that. No Sunday School but regular church service. I'm assuming we'll still be talking about Exodus.

I worked on adding the first border and prepping all of the scraps into piano key. There is almost enough to go all of the way around, but not enough. I'm thinking instead of using the white, I'm going to order some of the dark blue from the Aflutter line. I'll see what M* has available. I'm thinking about going ahead and picking up the DD too, I think it will make a nice baby quilt (since there are so many babies being born at church).

Prayers for those in need for peace, understanding, and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post