Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Shipping

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping

How long is the shipping time now? I hadn't placed an order since early January and hoped all the shipping problems were resolved. I placed an order on 3/17 and it is still marked as "processing". It is a precut, a couple of notions and some yardage. The precut sold out later that day and I'm afraid I won't get mine. That has happened before when the order didn't ship within a couple of days.

Having faith, I placed another order on the 21st. A backordered item That I REALLY wanted came in or I would have waited until receipt of the first order.
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shipping

That depends....I placed an order on 3/3/18 - 1 spool of thread and a yardage cut of 2 yards. It shipped via Surepost on 3/5/18. Due to weather issues and it sitting at UPS terminals for almost 4 days...I finally received my order on 3/13/18.

That is concerning if you placed the order last Saturday and it still hasn't left Hamilton?
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have you contacted M* and asked them about it? Customer service would be the place I would start.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made an order recently and received it yesterday. I had wondered if it was being delayed since I didn't ever get the shipping notification email but the package arrived in a timely manner.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baskets4deb View Post
    How long is the shipping time now? I hadn't placed an order since early January and hoped all the shipping problems were resolved. I placed an order on 3/17 and it is still marked as "processing". It is a precut, a couple of notions and some yardage. The precut sold out later that day and I'm afraid I won't get mine. That has happened before when the order didn't ship within a couple of days.

Having faith, I placed another order on the 21st. A backordered item That I REALLY wanted came in or I would have waited until receipt of the first order.
    My order of 1 piece of yardage placed on 3/16 finally shipped yesterday.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered just the DD on March 9; it shipped same day, and I received it on Tuesday, the 13th. Yardage takes a day or two longer. Weather permitting, of course! I don't think there were any major storms when I placed my orders.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order on March 13 and it was in "processing" for a week. I had ordered a DD, a ruler and a yardage cut. I was starting to get nervous because I didn't think it would take that long to ship. I never got an email saying it had shipped either, which I thought was odd. But it finally arrived on the 24.
    But I also ordered in February and that order shipped very quickly. So I guess it hard to gauge how long it's going to take.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baskets4deb View Post

Hi baskets4deb,

Our average age of shipped orders has been steadily coming down lately thanks to some changes made in handling orders.

In the past we've made the mistake of allowing some of our shippers and cutters to fulfill the orders that are easiest to fulfill. Doing so makes us feel like we're getting a lot done, but at the expense of those orders that harder to find or take longer to cut (I'm looking at you, minky and backing!). That leads to some orders getting out same day, while others that should be back-ordered don't even get updated for several days because the person who first tried to process the order couldn't find the bolt. Whenever that happens we search the warehouse to find it anywhere and, if we can't, we place it on back-order and update your order.

Over the last few weeks we've stopped that. Now, we make sure that our cutters go for the oldest orders, so first come really is first served. This has been working very well.

So, to answer your original question, we're down from four days to three days from order to shipment. That's the average of all orders, so in that you have daily deals that are very fast and easy to ship and some orders where something was back-ordered that takes weeks to ship.

We're looking at a number of cool ways to improve our processes because our goal is same day fulfillment of any order. We're not there yet, but we're moving in the right direction.

Thank for your patience with us,
    Sam

9. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post