• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP - March 15 - 21, 2018

WHOOSH, this week is sliding right by me. Not much crafting time this week. It warmed up enough to get into the yard to start getting the winter debris cleaned up.

I did get Block 9 on "Aunt Lottie's Garden" done and Block 10 marked for applique and basted. Block 12 for "It was the 80s" is also done. And I've put in over an hour on the needlework piece (Teresa Wentzler's "Millennium").

My goals for this weekend and next week are
    • "It was the 80s" Block 13
    • "Aunt Lottie's Garden" Block 10 finished
    • Finishing on knitted mitts and hat

After all the ice a few weeks back, I was was cursing the groundhog for 'more winter'. But spring has sprung here in eastern Kansas. "Potatoes in the ground by St. Pat's" my grandmother used to say. Time to garden!!!!
  • Granny Judy
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2011

Re: WiP - March 15 - 21, 2018

I had such an overwhelming response to my "orphan block" needs, that I have been busy these past 2 weeks, sorting and kitting like crazy. I tried to keep names on each "kit" as I sorted and introduced every one to each other... but somehow names got left off a few. here are the design board and finished topper (flimsy) that I got together.

It's purple 1.jpg
    row of houses c.case.jpg

And I finished:
    baby small.jpg
    DSCN8779.jpg

both have been delivered.. and I am ready to put the houses and trees together.
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

I have finished the stabilizing quilting on my Carnival quilt. Completed the first twirly flower quilt motif. It is hard to see because I used 70 wt thread. I want to see mainly the fabric and just the texture of the quilting, not the outline. 15 more twirly flowers to do, then the border.

100_4103.jpg
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• MaryUK
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2016

Last Thursday I went to my craft group and was given donated fabric for a couple of Linus quilts! Well what can I say I am just a butterfly floating from one thing to another!! Of course I promptly dropped everything else and had to get started on them. I've pieced them and got them ready for quilting - just a fleece backing on both, I hope to get them finished over the weekend.

I haven't been in the sewing room every day this last week as I have been sorting through the contents of my kitchen cupboards which were decanted into my dining room for a kitchen refurbishment. That's done, the units are in and the tiles laid and DH has painted the walls so I have been putting everything back!! What a labour intensive job that proved to be, just a bit to finish then I'm done.

Hope to get some sewing done over the weekend then I really need to get on with quilting my UFO for March.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• MaryUK
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2016

Last Thursday I went to my craft group and was given donated fabric for a couple of Linus quilts! Well what can I say I am just a butterfly floating from one thing to another!! Of course I promptly dropped everything else and had to get started on them. I've pieced them and got them ready for quilting - just a fleece backing on both, I hope to get them finished over the weekend.

I haven't been in the sewing room every day this last week as I have been sorting through the contents of my kitchen cupboards which were decanted into my dining room for a kitchen refurbishment. That's done, the units are in and the tiles laid and DH has painted the walls so I have been putting everything back!! What a labour intensive job that proved to be, just a bit to finish then I'm done.

Hope to get some sewing done over the weekend then I really need to get on with quilting my UFO for March.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• kimsophia
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2014

I think I have an addiction to crewel now...I don't have the yarn yet to complete my first crewel but I bought one more that I'm stitching tonight and have a bid in on a third kit...really I am just getting the third to cannibalize it for the yarn to complete the first one...I really feel itchy if I'm not stitching! This must be how some of you feel about fabric/quilts! The applique quilt is on hold for now!

Comment

• RockinLou
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2014

I finished up my "UFO" for Sylvia's group for this month, a set of quilted mug rugs and napkins in Easter fabrics, and have been focusing on clothing this week. It's Spring Break and I have a handful of projects laid out that I will work through before getting onto another quilt. I don't keep UFOs here, one project at a time, unless something is being bound or hand stitched in front of the TV. I realize that my stash of knits for garment sewing takes up more bulk than my quilting stash, so that's what I'm working on first. (in anticipation of our move this summer) So far, since Saturday I have printed and assembled PDF patterns for 6 items, made a set of pajamas for my son, and complete 2 additional tank tops. Just organizing what I wanted to make with what fabric was challenge #1. Then it took me over 3 hours today to get the patterns all sorted. I'm now sewing in the order of preference in relation to the color of thread in the serger, not that it takes me more than a few minutes to thread it, but I still like to streamline it as much as I can!

I have a shirt for myself, an outfit for my daughter's teacher and a pair of pants for my daughter next in line. Then it's a dress for my daughter and a sweatshirt (made out of a hideous yellow fleece blanket) for my son... THEN I'll get back to my quilt pile :-)

Comment

• TMP
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2014

I have two blocks made for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt and plan to start the third one today. I was so frustrated with the small 6 inch block and wanted to toss it out the window. Grr that was a little monster. Thanks, everyone so much for your suggestions about starting with the simplest blocks and using the 12 inch block. This size is working out so much better. I am not sure how much sewing I will do next week because its spring break for the grands. Yes, YA!! they will be here with me.
                Teresa
                Pelham, Alabama
                War Eagle!!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2015

I made some progress this week.
                  1. I finished the top of the Kona blue jelly roll quilt. Hip to be square pattern. It was a quick distraction quilt from UFO list.
                  2. I made another 36 blocks, which should be enough to add 3 more rows to the 3 Dudes quilt. quilt that I needed to run away from.
                  image.jpg
                  image.jpg
                  Today I rented a long arm, and quilted my disappearing 9 patch from UFO list. I will post once I trim batting/backing and take picture.

Not sewing related, but I did make over 2 dozen waffles for my grandson's 1st birthday on Saturday.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                  X