Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What color would your quilt be if you could only use YOUR clothes.

So, if you weren't able to buy any fabrics to make a quilt and the only things available to you were your old clothing, what color would your quilt be?
    Mine would be so boring...black, white, cream, navy, sage green....wallflower colors. If I added in DH's shirts, I could have black plaid, brown plaid, camo, tan, navy checks/plaids....
    Wonder why my decorating is so bold and bright and my wardrobe is so neutral?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What color would your quilt be if you could only use YOUR clothes.

Mine would be ugly Jeans, sweatshirts don't make good quilts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All solids for me...lots of navy and some black with pops of color. I very rarely wear prints. This could be a fun group; create a quilt using only the colors found in your closet.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would be blue, blue green, and a splash of red!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the outdated clothes hanging in my closet are polyester, so I would not want to use them. I wear jeans every day as well as pullover knit tops. Neither of those would work very well either. DH has a lot of summer shirts he never wears any more. Most of them are plaids, but there are a few wild prints among them. Since he lost weight, he's cold so much of the time. He's worn nothing but flannel shirts the past few years, even in the summer time. He wears the same favorite ones all the time. I told him the other day he needed to start wearing some of the other shirts in the closet. The ones he's wearing are getting thin enough that I can see through them! I also noticed wear on the collar. But he likes the way these shirts fit, so he'll keep wearing them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    So, if you weren't able to buy any fabrics to make a quilt and the only things available to you were your old clothing, what color would your quilt be?
    Mine would be so boring...black, white, cream, navy, sage green....wallflower colors.
    Wonder why my decorating is so bold and bright and my wardrobe is so neutral?
    Fascinating. I just went and looked. 80% of my wardrobe is bland old blue. Not even bright blue. Mainly denim blue with a few shots of navy.

My quilt stash is a riot of bright saturated colors. My clothes, bleh....
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My quilt would be pretty boring, too. I wear jeans, sweatshirts and solid color shirts. The prints I wear are normally T-shirts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have boring clothes lots of black and navy and none of the fabric would work in a quilt . My stash is full of all colors and I don't think I have any black fabric and very little navy.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My colors tend to be mostly blacks, navy, burgundy, forest greens, occasionally a deep purple. Seems to be regardless of whether it's dress clothes or sweats. I will pick up accessories like scarfs with golds or silvers. Most likely would be dark colors with highlights in the golds or silvers.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a fun topic!! Mine would be navy, black, pink and red. I see I am not alone in the navy and black! I have lots of denim jeans too but don't we all