Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What color would your quilt be if you could only use YOUR clothes.

I have mostly solids in black, dark blue and dark purple. Occasionally a spring pastel. (But I get stains on my pale colors, so they don't stay wearable long. Last week I put on a lovely black and white textured/splashy print Vera Wang top, and my nearly-3 year old grandson asked me if that was my Halloween shirt.

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest son said I needed to wear more color as I had fallen in the habit of mostly black. So I changed to a lot of navy blue! LOL! I wear a lot of bright colors now with jeans. I tend to wear a lot of solids.

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would be so boring, I wouldn't even bother making a quilt.
    but I have started making a few tops out of left over quilt fabric.

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaryUK View Post
    Mine would be navy, brown, tan, cream, white, red, turquoise, salmon, coral, orange, yellow, rust, purple and various shades of green.
    My colors too. Are you a redhead by chance?

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Black. With accents of black. And one narrow strip of dark gray to make it pop.

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My colors are very similar to MaryUK. My husbands on the other hand are so boring! I tease him sometimes and tell him he needs more color in his wardrobe because his memory quilt will be pretty boring - all shades of khaki, browns, olives, etc.

12. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

My quilts are usually brightly colored. My clothes are many colors but not quite as bright as my quilts usually. Right now I m in pink, not a lot of it in my wardrobe but it does also include turquoise, purple, blues, reds, blacks, some jeans, and lots of tie dye t-shires.
    Sue

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Fun question. Went to parochial school so navy, navy, navy. I'm 63 and haven't gotten away from it. Also as a teen in the 70's I lived in jeans and work shirts. Haven't gotten away from those either!

16. Thanks chelea, grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We wear the dull boring clothes so when it is time to make another quilt we just have to buy pretty fabric.

18. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

another rainbow closet here, you should see my funky spot trousers, well perhaps not just yet, teehee

20. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post