Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What color would your quilt be if you could only use YOUR clothes.

Mine would be a background of neutrals, black and blue mostly, with corals, pinks, hibiscus, yellows and jewel colors such as emerald and sapphire.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

2. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My closet is full of many colors...lots of purple, red, white and blue...I also love orange and pastels...
    so mine would have to be a scrappy quilt...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are all suits, black navy, gray tan, but a riot of colorful shirts to go with them - none of the fabric suitable for a quilt. And I am quite jealous of those with everyday cloths that are jeans,sweats, flannel etc., - cannot wait to retire and send the work cloths far,far away!

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my quilt would be tans, blacks, and greens. But I do have a few colorful skirts in my wardrobe that went out of style years ago with pinks and teals and bright blues.
    Hey, you just gave me a great idea, I can use up all of my dreary everyday clothes and turn it into a quilt then get a bright colorful new wardrobe...(a girl can dream)

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

mine would definitely be black and white with a splash of another color to make it pop. My friends tease me about wearing so much black and white....but I honestly love those colors. However, not much in my closet is cotton, so probably wouldn't make a good quilt, but hey we're just talking color here right!!!!!

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly denim and black for me which is in direct contrast to my fabric stash. That's all the colours of the rainbow.

12. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My quilt would be pretty boring, too. I wear jeans, sweatshirts and solid color shirts. The prints I wear are normally T-shirts.

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fun fun fun topic Terry! I have made several quilts out of clothes - not just my clothes but my Daddy's shirts were translated into a star quilt a few years back. I have a few drawers of t shirts and other clothing items to be one day translated.

But MY own wardrobe? Hmmm. I wear a lot of jeans - both black and blue. My tops are quite colorful. One look and you can tell that I like lots of color! Makes sense since I love scrappy.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

16. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How fun this is! Well from the clothes in my closet I would get patriotic quilts! Which I love! But the fabrics may not play nice with each other. And I tend to wear a thing to death.....

18. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of jewel colours - purples, teals, red wines, every shade of blue and gray. I could accent with jeans from green, blue to black. If I add splashes of summer clothes, there would be lots of white, neutrals and khakis.

It would be mostly solid coloured quilt, with textures, as I tend to avoid florals and prints. I do have many tops with embellishments such as beads and pearls. It would be mostly cotton feel.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

20. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post