• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmanna
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2014

Las Vegas Quilt Shops ?

Planning an upcoming trip to Las Vegas. Can anyone recommend any good quilt shops relatively close to The Strip? We will not have a vehicle but I could take an uber to one if the shop is worth it.

Thanks in advance.
  • dwil23
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Re: Las Vegas Quilt Shops ?

We wee there two years ago and there were two in the Las Vegas area that I enjoyed visiting.

This one was the closest, smaller shop and had mostly traditional fabrics (my favorite):

The Christmas Goose Quilt Shop specializes in fabric, classes and notions for all quilters, crafters and sewers.

Also, a little farther away in Henderson this was a very nice, larger, more contemporary shop:

Quiltique is a creative quilting and sewing center located in Henderson/Las Vegas, Nevada. Shop fabric, notions, and other supplies. We offer classes too.

This is an extensive review posted here a few years ago that detailed many more shops in the greater Las Vegas area:

Last edited by dwil23; March 15, 2018, 03:53 AM.
    Donna

Comment

• Patty J
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

You might want to look into a quilt shop hop. My sister did one for several years when she went to Vegas and the time I went with her. I loved the tour operator and loved meeting other quilters and even 2 from different countries. Not sure she is still in business as it has been a few years. Have fun.

Comment

• Devchdm
        Binding Belle
        • Oct 2015

I rented a car for 1 day and visited 4 shops. Since I'm not much for Vegas or gambling I figured it was my gambling money. In addition to quiltique and Christmas goose I also went to sew yeah quilting ( http://sewyeahquilting.com/), and Sew little time.
        Had fun! Hope you do too. (If you are an uber user you might be able to get there more affordable than with car rental or taxi).

Comment

• lmanna
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2014

Just wanted to post a follow up...and a quick thank you for the recommendations.

I visited both Sew Yeah and Quiltique. If you tend to lean more towards modern quilting I highly recommend them. I LOVED both of them and spent a good chunk of money.Sew Yeah was bigger than Quiltique with a very good batik selection. They both had good sized sale rooms. Quiltique's sale room specifically had some amazing fabric - Cotton & Steel, Alison Glass, Tula Pink, etc.

I did not visit Christmas Goose whereas I heard it was more of a traditional/country quilt shop and that's not my style.

Comment

• dwil23
            Missouri Star
            • May 2012

You are welcome! Glad you had a good time.

We were there in Oct 2015 and Sew Yeah was either not open at that time or not listed in any directories or I would have surely made that stop.
            Donna

Comment

Working...
            X