Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Warm and natural batting difference

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaSandy View Post
    So you have used both? Which do you like better . The white is cheaper so I was wondering I am going to message them and see what they say I'll post when they answer. Mahalo
    I don't have a preference of the white or natural. I didn't realize one was pre shrunk. I guess if someone doesn't like that crinkly look, then that would be a consideration. My favorite batting is Hobbs 80/20. I use that most of the time now and it's less expensive.

2. Thanks kayj thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    I don't have a preference of the white or natural. I didn't realize one was pre shrunk. I guess if someone doesn't like that crinkly look, then that would be a consideration. My favorite batting is Hobbs 80/20. I use that most of the time now and it's less expensive.
    I never tried Hobbs going to try it since I'm trying very hard to watch my pennies these days. Mahalo
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you tried batting that is blended with bamboo ? I think my DD found it at JoAnn's in the mark down area for next to nothing. She purchased two and gave me one. I loved it. The quilt just felt good. I have looked at bamboo batting in JoAnn's and it cost more than I want to pay. We have always thought what she bought was missed priced. Sorry I don't remember the brand.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use nothing but Hobbs 80/20. My LA quilter places an order once a year & it's shipped to her house, then the shipping expense is divided among all those who ordered batting. This year I ordered a whole roll (90" wide x 30 yds.). I know it will last for a year or more. I like the way Quilters Dream Blend 70/30 handles, but I wasn't willing to pay the higher price for it.

6. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I have been told that the Warm and White also has a reduced loft as well due to the washing/bleaching process.

I have used Bamboo batting from several sources and I love it. I find that it has a somewhat softer hand -- even if quilted (or embroidered) to death. The bamboo also has some natural antibiotic properties as well.

8. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    Have any of you tried batting that is blended with bamboo ? I think my DD found it at JoAnn's in the mark down area for next to nothing. She purchased two and gave me one. I loved it. The quilt just felt good. I have looked at bamboo batting in JoAnn's and it cost more than I want to pay. We have always thought what she bought was missed priced. Sorry I don't remember the brand.
    I got a twin sized batt of bamboo for a door prize. I made a guilt for my granddaughter. I really liked how it felt when I was quilting and it has washed up nicely. It is on the pricey side though so I haven't purchased any.

10. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quilters Dream makes some great batting.....many styles, including bamboo.

Jeanne

12. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swietsto View Post
    I have been told that the Warm and White also has a reduced loft as well due to the washing/bleaching process.

I have used Bamboo batting from several sources and I love it. I find that it has a somewhat softer hand -- even if quilted (or embroidered) to death. The bamboo also has some natural antibiotic properties as well.
    Where do you buy the bamboo batting?
    Hawaiigrammi

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Joann's carries the bamboo batting online -- occasionally in the store. Massdrop has also had some of the bamboo batting as specials every once in a while. It is also available on Amazon.

15. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the white one when my fabric was a bit thinner and predominantly white. I didn't want the tan to show through and make it more beige.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

17. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post